one nasty looking worm

flooddc

i have millions of these in my tank, frag tank, sump, everywhere... they come out at night and when there is food. i doubt it killed the snail though...

until they get REALLY big they dont kill.. they just eat the dead....

though one in my tank did accidentally scrape one of my anthias.. but as long as the fish move.. not a problem (left a mark for a few days)

I have some serious monsters in my tank now. I'm talking the very fuzzy blue ones. Nothing's gone missing and no corals have been touched, but I do overfeed and they LOVE pellets... It's scary when you see your worms get just as excited as the fish at feeding time.

I know I should do a trap soon, but I'll feel bad - and if I put them in my sump they'll just continue to breed more godzilla worms. *sigh*

I know I have a few small one. But this is a monster. I had a clam a while back (4+ inches). It's was killed and the flesh was total gone over night. I did not know exactly what happen to it. any possibility that bristleworm kill the claim too?

8006790760_08c97536d0_b.jpg

(bristleworm)

and

p_069_l.jpg

(euclid worm)

are NOT the same thing.

If you soak it in isopropyl alcohol for 24 hours followed by placing it on some paper towels outside, preferably in the sun, it will dry it out and preserve it...

you could make some cool jewelry that way tongue.gif

Yeah theand 'bobbit' euclid worm is a murdered...our normal bristleworms in our tanks are detrivores...until they get so large that leftovers and dead stuff just does not satiate them..i have never had a bristle worm kill a healthy fish or coral...they will start chowing down on dead and dying though

I made the mistake of grabbing a piece of rock out of a FOWLR tank years ago and there was a huge one beneath the rock. They stick you like a porcupine does. Tons of little things sticking in my finger as my finger started to swell. They do eat a ton of crap on the bottom of the tank. Great to keep in a FO tank!

I'm actually kinda worried about these guys in my eel's tank for fear of "bristling" her or the puffer.

How effective are non-reef-safe wrasse and other predators (on large guys like this one)? Or should I even be worried?

^I wouldn't be worried... Your eel may eat them!

In a predator tank, something like a coral banded shrimp or sally lightfoot crab is pretty effective at reducing their population.