worm5406's 180g Reef in SOMD

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. I am not really a fowlr person for a bit... I just can't change the name of the thread and didn't really want to open a new one. HAHAHA... Maybe I should.

It should read:

180g Reef SOMD

Looking great! I notice u have corals. Fowlr folks almost always get suckered into corals

LOL they really do, don't they? It never takes very long either....

Yeah.. I am not really a fowlr person for a bit... I just can't change the name of the thread and didn't really want to open a new one. HAHAHA... Maybe I should.

It should read:

180g Reef SOMD

That should have read 'I am not really a FOWLR person anymore.' (where did 'a bit' come from)

I was on a computer not my phone. HAHAHA.. Must have been having a conversation with someone else at the same time.

It should read: 180g Reef SOMD

Since you are a paying member now I moved your thread to the dedicated tank area and I changed the title for you. Nice job on the tank so far!

Thanks!!

This has been an effort in love and hate.... (salt and aptasia) (Aptasia is all gone so...)

I did some more video's and I am looking at spinning backup up my 120 and pipe it in with the 180 (plus the sumps for both). So about 300 g when done.

I look forward to meeting and seeing some of you at the meeting in April.

I saw him there today. Nice clam. They also had some nice Zoa combo rocks !

Ohh I am... I was fighting GHA so I could not put anything on it.

After NEXT Sunday I will have a lot more options to choose from and have a lot more placed.

(edited)

When were you there?

yesterday around 9:30am I stopped by on the way home from Norfolk. I live about 15 min away. Heading back to Norfolk now. Hope I can make the meet next week. Edited by DCReefer1964

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 3 new radion pro lights.

Here is a time lapse of wakeup on a small section of the tank. Play in High Deff and Full screen. Just press pause and let it buffer if you have a slow connection.

Looking awesome. Where are you in SoMD?

On the west side of Charles.

(edited)

OK So I came home Wed night and this is what I found... A crack and leaking sump.

20130417_174540.jpg

20130417_174638.jpg

20130417_201533.jpg

So off to the PetCo $1/gallon sale and bought 2 new 40g breeders

One to fix the sump, one to make a new correct sump with baffles. Silicone would have needed to cure anyway. So the stopgap measure was the easiest.

This is a picture of my baffle less sump.

This upcoming week I will have to make the new one. This weekend already booked up with a wedding and out of town.

Life is wonderful. HAHAHAHA

20130417_205746.jpg

Edited by worm5406

look at the bright side...at least it happened while you were home and not out of town !!!!!

Very true... I had it all fixed less than or within 1 hour of getting back with new tank.

I had acrylic baffles. I have heard before that these will expand and put pressure on the glass. I kinda knew about it before so I left a gap and siliconed to allow for this.

I guess I did not have enough gap.

My new sump will have glass baffles. SO... I will have to work on that next. I am going to adjust the over/under order and make it a bit better, I hope.