worm5406's 180g Reef in SOMD

(edited)

Well took me a bit but the sump is 1/2 done. Last few pieces going in tonight then let it cure for 48 hours.

Just had gotten busy with my kids and the open baffle was working fine for now. But I am finally getting the new one baffled up.

Edited by worm5406

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm... Where to begin...

WELL:

I purchased an ATS (Algae Turf Scrubber).

20130514_221824.jpg

You have one of Bud's ATS units?  How do you like yours?  I'm finally getting the hang of mine.  Really nicely built. 

Yes it is one of Bud's units. It is the L-4. I really enjoy it. It has been growing... A lot!!.

My first empty was huge. My DT gha is going down slowly. which is good.

Yes it is one of Bud's units. It is the L-4. I really enjoy it. It has been growing... A lot!!.

My first empty was huge. My DT gha is going down slowly. which is good.

More info on this? Who is bud? I'm really curious about these

Bud is Bud Carlson.  He's a guy who's been building really nice acrylic algal turf scrubbers for those of us who are not DIY inclined.  His website is:

https://www.turbosaquatics.com/vb4/forum.php?s=4a9c9e499e40ef8fbc2d817b647ae948

Really good site for ATS in general and his products specifically.  Really good guy and probably the best product support I've ever seen.  

His email is:  Bud Carlson <bud@turbosaquatics.com>;

+3 Really good support. It took me a week to get mine once I ordered it. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks. Someone fell through in getting it to he sent it to me.

He  has also updated the build and design. It is a better design/flow now.

Bud is Bud Carlson.  He's a guy who's been building really nice acrylic algal turf scrubbers for those of us who are not DIY inclined.  His website is:

https://www.turbosaquatics.com/vb4/forum.php?s=4a9c9e499e40ef8fbc2d817b647ae948

Really good site for ATS in general and his products specifically.  Really good guy and probably the best product support I've ever seen.  

His email is:  Bud Carlson <bud@turbosaquatics.com>;

• 4 months later...

ALL of those beauties were purchased from Quantum Reefs in Springfield.

Those guys were off the hood today.

I got up at 6am and a friend of mine and I headed to Lancaster. Went to a LFS there. We had called ahead yesterday and they 'had' a green gig. I should have had them send us a picture.

Needless to say when we got there, we left with only a box of salt. Yeah 2.5 hour drive and all. 

On the way back down, decided to stop by QR, in Springfield.

Got there and they had just returned from a frag/coral/stuff run at a wholesaler. 

WOW... Red Haddoni... and pink tipped  elegance coral.

ARGH.... I can not believe it.

I will post updates as things progress.

Thanks QR... They really do make you feel like you are at home, and they still had Haloween candy out. 

:)

Love that carpet nem! Glad all was not lost!

Me too! It was all in all a very good trip!

Yesterday the Haddoni has been settling in more. Slowly trying to get that foot to the bottom of the tank, through the sand. It does not have much more to go.

Mouth staying taught and everything. It was reported it had been QT for 2 weeks proir at the wholesalers. Have not fed it yet, will prob do it at the end of the week.

Great looking additions. It would gave been a battle for that elegance if I didnt have to leave! It was good meeting you on Saturday - keep us updated on these new additions!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Great looking additions. It would gave been a battle for that elegance if I didnt have to leave! It was good meeting you on Saturday - keep us updated on these new additions!

Thanks it was nice meeting you too.

You can visit it on the webcam when ever you need. It has Pan Tilt Zoom. It is in the from to the left of the clam. :)

Believe me I will keep everyone updated.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

So those are just some updates over the last month. Most are over the last 2 weeks.

Hope you enjoy them. 

As you can see I am working on plumbing in the 120 inline with the 180 and sump. Also going to upgrade the 40b sump to a 75g. 

Edited by worm5406

Those are all for the back wall, that got drilled out over the weekend on the 120. 

20140104_220315.jpg

20140104_221347.jpg