Quantum Reefs

BowieReefer84

Was at QR for the first time last night.  I have been in the hobby since the mid 80's and have been to a lot of shops.  These guys are top notch, super nice to chat with and have some really nice stock to boot.   

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went by today for some dry supplies great store great service and that Thai Restaurant was awesome! Thank you

A member on WAMAS told me about this LFS yesterday so today I stopped by. I spoke with Vince about future plans on setting up a system in my house. I've been out of the hobby for a couple years so there is a lot of new products and information he went over with me. The store was clean and well organized. His selection of fish and corals was awesome. I wasnt able to meet Steve but after reading this thread it doesnt surprise me. As a newbie, soon to be getting back into the hobby, it is nice to know there are business's out there that have not forgotten how to give great customer service.

Huly - Go skins!

I was finally able to get over that way again and was very impressed. Great selection, clean, and helpful! A+++ I will definitely be back, for Nuvo goodies, and to start slowly building my 75!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I stop by here everyday. It's hard not to when it's on the way home from work. I have learned a lot from Vince and Steve. I am so glad to find this place!!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I like going their cause they let me sit for hours on the couch.  :clap:

Oh and they are 2 minutes from my work.

Edited by Jim Mc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great store, these guys bring everything to a real down to earth level. Pretty much got me started on everything Also sorry confusing you with Vince, Steve. hah

• 6 months later...

We spoke with Steve when visiting there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with his level of knowledge, honestly and enjoyable conversation.  Despite the fact that we were there after closing hours he continued to answer our questions and provide a wealth of information.  There pricing seems to be similar to those of online retailers with the added benefit of supporting a local store.  We haven't bought anything from them yet but I do foresee I purchasing from them in the future.  Also their hours of operation are more customer friendly than other local stores.

Edited by Airidal

I picked up a white tail bristletooth tang there several weeks back and the proprietor (I didn't catch his name, maybe it was Vince?) was clearly concerned for the well being of the fish.  That's the kind of attitude I like to see from fish shops - not just there to make $$ but to ensure the livestock are well cared for.