jimlin tank

jimlin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 gallon 150 MH with 2 actinic bulbs. i was just planning on doing some softies and zoas, but looks more like a mixed tank now. i'm just learning as i go.

coral hind, i got a clown and two green chromis. i decided not to buy anymore fish until i find out where i will be moving to next.

141be7a0.jpg

what kind of starfish is that on the left side of the picture? Talso want to make sure the bug looking thing under the snail is a pod .

i guess i have to take that star out. read they eat corals, although i dont mind them eating the coralines.

Nice nano, I have several Asterina Starfish that come and goes. They never bother any of mine coral. I wouldn't remove unless you see them multiplying.

Nice nano, I have several Asterina Starfish that come and goes. They never bother any of mine coral. I wouldn't remove unless you see them multiplying.

+1

I always pull Asterina if I see them. I'll admit, though, I've never seen one as white as the one you have in that picture!

you may try drilling some holes in it so that it helps the tank breathe and the acrylic wont heat up as much (having the ventilation lets the heat escape through the holes....) worked great on my last tank....

Yeah -- I would work to eliminate the splashing. The tank engineers would have more to say than I, but I get the sense that noise and splashing can always be reduced with the right plumbing. My return comes in about 0.5 to 1 inch below the surface of the water.

That way you'd only need netting or plexiglass if you buy a fish prone to jumping.