jimlin tank

jimlin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my tank after frag fest. thank you wamas.

so i read some thread on how to aquascape a tank and tried to redo my scape and realized i have too many different types of rocks to get the same as the how to articles.

another thing i have to work on. i learned a good thing i did with the scape was putting the bigger heavier rocks on top of smaller pieces, bad news is there is a lot of small pieces at the bottom which may cause some dead space.

23357f8c.jpg

thanks guys.

so i was missing the power cable which powers the fans and moon lights and after looking at hlem's setup at frag fest i decided to splice the fans tothe blue cree lights. now whenever the blue lights are on, the fans kick in.

next, replacing the burnt out blue led with a new one and adding three more blues to give it a 15-20k look.

nice work man! If you want to try out some sps, go for birdsnest or montipora capricornis. They are pretty easy in the realm of sps. Some sps can start dying off and unless you cut that piece off, it will just keep on going until it's all dead. It happened with my first monti cap and I had to cut it in half. Within 3 months my little 1" piece was pushing 4". Once you've got the test kits and whatever you need to dose you should be ready to rock.

You managed to get a good little collection of coral in there nice and fast!

I have a birdsnest frag that is doing quite well. it is one of my favorite corals in my tank. i just never thought it was a sps. i have all the test kits except for magnesium and phosphate. i still feel like something is not right with my water. guess we will find out if it is the magnesium once the test kit comes in.

nice work man! If you want to try out some sps, go for birdsnest or montipora capricornis. They are pretty easy in the realm of sps. Some sps can start dying off and unless you cut that piece off, it will just keep on going until it's all dead. It happened with my first monti cap and I had to cut it in half. Within 3 months my little 1" piece was pushing 4". Once you've got the test kits and whatever you need to dose you should be ready to rock.

You managed to get a good little collection of coral in there nice and fast!

this is what it looks like turned down 50% on my tank.

there is a problem though. then i touched the heat sink, i almost burned my fingers.

this heat sink is not going to work. looks like i need to buy a heat sink.

70cf9034.jpg

anyone know what the white sps coral is called? I got it from frag fest. it was already white when i first got it so i am assuming that is its natural color.e359f012.jpg

i dont see any polyps extension. wish i knew the name of the coral so i could check out a picture of what the polyps look like.[ quote name=surf&turf' date='31 August 2012 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1346438527' post='436719]

Shouldn't be that white, is there any polyp extention?