jimlin tank

jimlin

anyone know what the white sps coral is called? I got it from frag fest. it was already white when i first got it so i am assuming that is its natural color.e359f012.jpg

Um, you realize that is a dead coral, right? I hope you didn't pay money for that. Who sold that to you?

Unless you're trolling...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, I got it for free at frag fest. Guess it must have died on the way home. It was white when I put it in the tank so I assumed it was the natural color.

Um, you realize that is a dead coral, right? I hope you didn't pay money for that. Who sold that to you?

Unless you're trolling...

so i changed out the heat sink last night and tested it out. it was a little hard to get the leds off of the old heat sink because it was glued on. took about two hours to re solder all the parts.940c906f.jpgwhat it looks like with the new heat sink.2fe387d6.jpg

You should remove the dead corals in the pic and make frag plugs out of them. Or leave them and glue some other frags on them that will encrust over them. :)

You should remove the dead corals in the pic and make frag plugs out of them. Or leave them and glue some other frags on them that will encrust over them. :)

i think i will use it as a spot to put my frag plugs at since it is a good spot spot for sps. good idea of using it as a frag plug. i may just do that in the future.

Is that the one I gave you?

It's probably fine.

yup, it is the one you gave me. i noticed the slit which i never seen before. it opened up a little after feeding the corals. it is normal now. not sure if it was eating because the polyps was fully open.

Yup -- you got it. That paly likes to chow down on whatever it can get its tentacles on. I don't think you need to feed it (I don't feed mine), it is just being opportunistic.

• 2 weeks later...

i am using the camera on my tablet so the color may be a little off. water param : nitrate 0

nitrite 0

ph 8.2

ammonia 0

calcium 450

kh 7

dont really know how to use the mag test kit, but i think it is 1450. i may be doing it wrong though.

recently changed 150 mh color from 14k to 20k (2 months ago)

any suggestions?

It could be the color is off a bit, but it does look like the 2 corals under the blue ridge coral are bleaching out.

I would also let your calcium come down to around 425 and bump your KH up to 8-9.

What bulbs are you using, because the pics don't look 20K.

i am using the odyssea brand. not the best lights in the market. i am switching to leds soon.

i am lowering the lights because of the par reading i got yesturday. 96 at where those 2 corals are located.

a little low, but cant afford to upgrade right now because i already went over my fish budget this month.

here is a picture of my light.20121008_203645_zpsecf74da3.jpg

1.025 salinity.

ok, i will raise the alk and see what happens. i was also dosing purple up which may have raised the calcium. i will lower cal by not dosing purple up.