Braden's 375 Gallon Total System Volume Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I dont think he did.  I was at his house about 6 weeks ago or so and it was still up and running and he had not decided what to do yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So here is the situation.  New baby, work change, back to school, and neglect of the tank.  It was probably 3-5 months before I cleaned the coralline algae off of the front pane of glass.  What I can say is that all of the colonies have done really well with little to no direction from myself.  I'm planning on posting some pics tonight.  To see what I'm saying, look through previous pics of my corals and clams.  Most of them I still have, and the results are stunning!

What a tease.  Pictures please.  Folks were looking lately for coralline scrapings to seed their tank.  You coulda made a killing. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Talk about "set it and forget it" well done! How is the Achilles? Where did you get most of your SPS?

It has done much better than I have deserved it to.  Other than cleaning the skimmer and refilling reactor media, I would do a water change every month or so and that was about it.  Working on a project or two and hoping to make it look much better!  Unfortunately, the Achilles didn't make it very long and died a couple days after the guarantee ran out.  Oh well, that's how it goes....

As far as my SPS, I've picked up various pieces from people and a lot of my colonies started out as frags or micro colonies.  A good number of my pieces came from Piper27 and Corsi1330 and they were much appreciated!

It has done much better than I have deserved it to.  Other than cleaning the skimmer and refilling reactor media, I would do a water change every month or so and that was about it.  Working on a project or two and hoping to make it look much better!  Unfortunately, the Achilles didn't make it very long and died a couple days after the guarantee ran out.  Oh well, that's how it goes....

It's not a surprise really, you just let it be, and just fed to basic needs, consistently. 

Bummer about the Achilles, It's in the name I guess. It's funny how nature makes the prettiest the hardest to deal with.

As far as my SPS, I've picked up various pieces from people and a lot of my colonies started out as frags or micro colonies.  A good number of my pieces came from Piper27 and Corsi1330 and they were much appreciated!

Very cool, well, all your SPS is looking really nice, awesome to see the growth on everything, glad you stuck around and let it work out!

It's not a surprise really, you just let it be, and just fed to basic needs, consistently. 

Bummer about the Achilles, It's in the name I guess. It's funny how nature makes the prettiest the hardest to deal with.

Very cool, well, all your SPS is looking really nice, awesome to see the growth on everything, glad you stuck around and let it work out!

I'm glad I stuck around as well.  There was a lot of stuff going on earlier this year and I kind of lost interest, but that has turned around!