Bad experience with Saltwaterworx

roni

Sad to that the issue was not resolved professionally... But even more sad is that the vendor's story made the Roni's story even more credible. So did saltwaterox admitted to under evaluating the job, underestimating the situation, unprepared and unequipped for the job, wasted time buying equipments and parts, have the client paid for the parts, blame the "extra" time because he was unprepared, not delivered the job within the allotted time as quoted, unwilling to finish the job, ask for more money to finish unfinished job, waited almost a week to let the issue heat up and not even resolve anything?

you are too kind Roni...

I don't have time to read all of that, but I can tell you from experience that the worst business practices I have ever seen are aquarium related. I had seen friends wait 3-4 months for simple tanks to be set up only to be lied to and hug out to dry. Been to houses waiting on deliveries with no calls or responses at all. Called stores for quotes with cash in hand never to get a call or response back. I don't get it some of the maintenance/install companies are horrible. I'm not saying that they all are bad. I have just seen and heard my fair share of terrible experiences. I don't know why this is. The biggest problem I see with both parties in this situation is that there was no legal agreement or firm fixed price. If I was going to pay someone up front for a service and not a product you better believe there will be legal document or contract in place outlining what is expected along with the terms and conditions. This should have been agreed or at least understood before anything took place. This whole result is because of poor communication. One thing I know about business is the customer is always right and one unhappy customer tells everyone and goes out of his/her way to tell about the experience and that a happy customer recommends the company/store to people. A good business goes out of its way to satisfy a customer

This is very true.

the customer is always right and one unhappy customer tells everyone and goes out of his/her way to tell about the experience and that a happy customer recommends the company/store to people. A good business goes out of its way to satisfy a customer's needs and always finishes the job.

The lesson I'm getting from this, as pointed out by A. Byrnes, is a good one for people to always keep in mind (vendors and customers):

"Agree up front and get it in writing"

Both sides obviously had a different view of what they were agreeing to in this situation. If it was clearly written down with dollars attached, this probably wouldn't have even come up on the forums.

A lesson for us all.

Letting this thread fester for several days before making a defensive response was probably not the best strategy based on the negativity of the word being spread. Sorry for both sides in this mess.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Isnt written/oral agreement just as good as written?

"I need this fix, can you do it and how much time/money".

"yes I can, pay me this and it will take this long".

Problem not fixed, money cashed...

Isnt written/oral agreement just as good as written?

"I need this fix, can you do it and how much time/money".

"yes I can, pay me this and it will take this long".

Problem not fixed, money cashed...

no, because with an oral agreement, you get what happened here. buyer asked for W, but seller heard X. seller responded with Y, but the buyer heard Z. at least with something in writing, the plain language should prevent such problems from happening.

Much of this was discussed via PM including the desire on my part for a set price for the job and agreement by the vendor to provide that job for a set price after assessing the situation. I didn't think that the day of the job that I'd need to then draft a written agreement restating it. I don't think it's kosher to post PMs but I sent the exchange to one of the mods if they want to post it. Anyways, since this will likely never get resolved with even something as simple as an apology, I'm not going to post anymore.

I should draft contracts for folks here on wamas. i wonder if there would be a demand for them. charge something minimal like 10% of the transaction or something.

no, because with an oral agreement, you get what happened here. buyer asked for W, but seller heard X. seller responded with Y, but the buyer heard Z. at least with something in writing, the plain language should prevent such problems from happening.

I see, that makes a lot sense if it's something very large and complex. But really, with this situation tho, how many different ways can you interpret "can you fix this," or "yes I can fix this", with a result that the problem is not fixed and money is cashed?

$450.00 is pretty large.

I see, that makes a lot sense if it's something very large and complex. But really, with this situation tho, how many different ways can you interpret "can you fix this," or "yes I can fix this", with a result that the problem is not fixed and money is cashed?

Wayne,

Not nice! Not necessary! Not professional! You gave your side of the story.

As was stated in the last years post this has now become a he said he said. It should be taken elsewhere if it can be resolved. If not, then you've both said your piece and this thread should die.

False numbers, sour grapes, said my piece, off to work, done.

Please keep things on topic. Forum is for Vendor Experiences, let's not venture too far beyond the initial experience and Wayne's response.

Fwiw, I know youre a new member, you will quickly learn the flame war threads can go on for days. This has been very mild actually...

not sure if this is entirely accurate... dont think Roni is flaming... he asked some pretty easy and straight forward questions. where are the answers?

not sure if this is entirely accurate... dont think Roni is flaming... he asked some pretty easy and straight forward questions. where are the answers?

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

(edited)

I thought that calling people out and flaming was a no no, not acceptable behavior on the forums. Honestly, why so much egging on? Why this one? I've seen other members go at it with vendors and there's always been some intervention.

Edited by Jan

flame war threads can go on for days.

Depends on the tone and attitudes, when they get nasty then an officer or mod locks them up. I do think this thread has run it's course and I'm sorry to say that I doubt either side will walk away happy from it.

Depends on the tone and attitudes, when they get nasty then an officer or mod locks them up. I do think this thread has run it's course and I'm sorry to say that I doubt either side will walk away happy from it.

I think it's been clearly established that no resolution of the initial issue, nor pertinent info related to the initial issue, is going to come out of this thread.

Both sides have said their piece... abundantly. Now most of the comments are coming from parties uninvolved, not to mention parties who haven't even done business with saltwaterworx. If you're not involved and you don't have REAL LIFE experience to share regarding the vendor in question, your comments are inherently hearsay and not productive to the goal of this thread to SHARE VENDOR EXPERIENCE. No experience with the vendor = nothing to share.

If it is fair to say neither of the parties are going to walk away from this situation (read: thread) happy, than has it not INHERENTLY run its course? I know I'm not a mod, or even a person with room to pontificate, but I think this thread should really be locked.

Any further actions to resolve this issue are obviously not going to originate from this thread. It's becoming a vendetta issue, and serving absolutely no benefit to the members of WAMAS nor the parties involved (roni and saltwaterworx).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE close this thread.