need heater recommendation

miggs76

60 gallon tank....looking for recommendations. I care more about quality than cost. I don't want something cheap that will break and kill my tank. Thanks!

Go with Azoo titanium, Eheim yager or the Fuval E series (great heater!).

Yea I have the Fluval 50 watt on another tank---I guess it has worked fine so far so maybe I will step up to a 300 watt....they are like 40 bucks on Amazon. Thanks for the input!

Yea I have the Fluval 50 watt on another tank---I guess it has worked fine so far so maybe I will step up to a 300 watt....they are like 40 bucks on Amazon. Thanks for the input!

no need for a 300w in a 60g tank. you'll do just fine with a 100 or 150.

I just put a new Eheim 300w heater in my tank when the 500w finnex titanium failed for the 2nd time. I run a 300w (new eheim) and a 250w (very old ebo Jager) in about 250g volume of water, when the temp drops at night, when it's cold outside, my heaters go on and off quite often and don't stay on for much more than 30-45 minutes at a time so it's not bad. Anywhere between 2.5-5 watts per gallon is good, preferably split between 2 heaters just in case one fails things won't get too cold.