aptaisia in zoanthid colony

schenktank

peppermint shrimp.... the only save route... but you'll need a few shrimps to be sure, like 10 or more. :(

Edited by hlem

I have a laser that would do the trick ;)

Ok. This piqued my interest big time.. Please elaborate!

I have a 1.4w high powered laser with a focus-able beam that will zap anything it touches. I can literally set your shirt on fire from across the room. It is handy for killing aptasia and mojanos with pinpoint accuracy.

I have a 1.4w high powered laser with a focus-able beam that will zap anything it touches. I can literally set your shirt on fire from across the room. It is handy for killing aptasia and mojanos with pinpoint accuracy.

Wow. Where might one acquire such a toy? :biggrin:

peppermint shrimp.... the only save route... but you'll need a few shrimps to be sure, like 10 or more. :(

Once the aptasia are gone they have been observed turning on zoas or other anemones.

<br />survivallaser.com<br />

<br />

If you get in trouble with it, we never had this conversation.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

what conversation??

survivallaser.com

If you get in trouble with it, we never had this conversation.

i wonder what their par is. bet you could grow sps FAST with one of those babies.

Isn't 445nm a good range for corals too? :clap:

If you have acans dont get peppermints, they pick on them...

Once the aptasia are gone they have been observed turning on zoas or other anemones.

If you have acans dont get peppermints, they pick on them...

I bought 25 for my badly infested 40gallon frag a few months ago. They took care of every last one in less then 2 weeks. Sold about 15 of them after. So there are a few left in there now. my frag tank is like 60% zoas, 25% acans, and the rest are also softy... no harm at all, and they've been in there for a long time, months now.... in fact, i've never seen them go far from the rock they usually hang out at.

I have a laser that would do the trick ;)

well elkridge actually isnt that far from me if you wanna play with your laser beam in my tank i would be much obliged haha. i have horrible luck with those kinds of toys. would probably end up burning my house down.

I bought 25 for my badly infested 40gallon frag a few months ago. They took care of every last one in less then 2 weeks. Sold about 15 of them after. So there are a few left in there now. my frag tank is like 60% zoas, 25% acans, and the rest are also softy... no harm at all, and they've been in there for a long time, months now.... in fact, i've never seen them go far from the rock they usually hang out at.

What are they eating?