eclipses 40 breeder build

Dr.eclipse

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im back. tank is finally up and running, I've been real busy with school, I'm trying to graduate this year(at 16) so not much time with that tank.

new plans with the tank is to do a semi predator tank with lots of macro algae.hopefully it will all go good!!

• 9 months later...

tanks officially is back up. bought an ro/di system so water is no longer a challenge. i still have no idea what to do with it livestock wise. but ill probably just end up doing something easy/casual. 

also, my ph probe went dry for like 7 months, i plugged it in and tested it in vinegar and got 2.75, soo it is safe to just subtract .25 while I try to get a new one? 

DT

588fc180-33e8-42eb-9263-fde6a26a7d0a_zps

sump

WP_20131117_004_zps0e1fcf49.jpg

Nice, so what are your plans for it? After the tank boil have you put anything in place to keep that from happening again? I noticed that you had an Apex, was that not programmed to shut your water heater off?

When you're ready for some corals, if corals are what you're doing, and you ever make it this way, I've got some stuff for ya.

Nice, so what are your plans for it? After the tank boil have you put anything in place to keep that from happening again? I noticed that you had an Apex, was that not programmed to shut your water heater off?

When you're ready for some corals, if corals are what you're doing, and you ever make it this way, I've got some stuff for ya.

im really not too sure yet, I was thinking like 4-5 black chromis, a nox angel, valentini puffer, midas blenny, and a wrasses of some kind.

yeah ive got the heater plugged into the reefkeeper set to shut off at 78 degrees.

should be ready for coral in about 3 weeks, ill see you then!  :clap: 

Sorry to hear about tank broil...ive had it happen too.. Not fun! Almost quit just after i began.. But still here and starting a new build... Hope all goes well with yours..8)

Sorry to hear about tank broil...ive had it happen too.. Not fun! Almost quit just after i began.. But still here and starting a new build... Hope all goes well with yours..8)

thanks man, good luck with your build  :cheers:

I'm sorry about the heater issue.  I'm also curious to hear what settings may have led to this so that we all can learn.

basically, I was on vacation and my mom was watching the tank, some how the return stopped working and dumped a bunch of water unto the floor. I told her to shut the sump down and to move the heater to the DT so she wouldnt have to worry about the sump messing up again until I got back. when I got back I moved everything back, got the sump running again. and about 2 days later I come home from school to a tank thats 110+ degrees. im not really sure how the heater broke from that but it did. but hopefully it will never happen again. 

• 2 weeks later...

gonna get a d120 fixture next week, and maybe a second the following week if needed. 

picked up some mangroves, cheato, uval yesterday.

im starting to see some bryopsis grow on the rock. so i did a water change, manually removed a bunch, and cut the lights. im thinking the age of the bulbs and the high nutrients(from cycle) in the water are causing the bloom. 

Keep an eye on the bryopsis. That's been talked about on here a lot. If it's only a few places, peroxide works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I threw a few corals in there from my dad's tank. They didn't seem to notice them. Even though they do pick at the rocks and glass, hopefully they stay good, but I do realize they could nip at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

i added 4 green chromis the other day, one is missing now, but they all seem to be doing fine. 

in other news, I got my first fire as a red hat at station 25 Nokesville.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

photo3_zpsacc85dcd.jpg

photo2_zps7f15832f.jpg

photo1_zpsecac77ab.jpg

I'd say congrats...yet that seems inappropriate... But you know...

This.

I saw the trailer in a weird setting, and Breaking Bad leads me to believe someone was cooking meth :rolleyes: