look what I got in the mail

zygote2k

They are bristletail file fish.

Boy, you don't do anything half way! 15 peppermints, 9 file fish... :)

Mine have eradicated about 15-20 small majanos scattered throughout the tank. They hang out together. No noticeable nipping yet, though they get fed a ton and may occasionally be nipping during the 23.5 hours i'm not watching.

I have one in my 125; he has quickly taken care of about a dozen majanos. Between him and my Copperband (aptaisia), I don't have any 'flowery' pests left.

Now, if only I could getrife off my $&!@? red algae!!!

By the way, I have several LPS in my tank; I have never seem him nip at them. Interesting how individual fish of the same specie can be so different!

Edited by eddi

I have one in my 125; he has quickly taken care of about a dozen majanos. Between him and my Copperband (aptaisia), I don't have any 'flowery' pests left.

Now, if only I could getrife off my $&!@? red algae!!!

By the way, I have several LPS in my tank; I have never seem him nip at them. Interesting how individual fish of the same specie can be so different!

Mine doesn't bother my frogspawn or torch, but loves brains.

No, I have never tried Chemiclean; at this point I am ready to put on fins and a mask and jump in to remove it by hand, so I am willing to try anything.

Does it work on all kinds of red algae?

Eddi,

It worked for my tank. I am not sure what other types of red slime algae there are but I say give it a try! I followed the instructions on the package and it was gone in 2 days. Never came back!!!

Take that Red Slime Algae!!!

In bocca al lupo!