Ryan's 150g Marineland Deep Dimension!

Ryan S

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and you would only need 2 max 24" blue reef brites. I have 1 36" blue for my tank and fills the entire tank, walls and room at night.

And mount them on the right and left sides of the MH? Should I have a 3rd in the front too? Skip the back side?

i dont know i think you might need like 10 of them, so you can spotlight the tnak from all angles...maybe add some t5s next to them, and then some 250w, 175w and a clip on 70w mh...then your corals will grow a foot an hour....

this thread is comedy every few minutes

i dont know i think you might need like 10 of them, so you can spotlight the tnak from all angles...maybe add some t5s next to them, and then some 250w, 175w and a clip on 70w mh...then your corals will grow a foot an hour....

The reef brites don't spot light at all. It's one solid bright blue glow over the whole tank. Ryan you can come see my tank this weekend if you want to see how it works. 36" strip fills a foot print of 50x32x32 mounted about 4" above the water. I think I could have gone with 24" strips I really wanted to.

I would mount it in the front and angle it towards the back of the tank. That is how I have mine mounted and it's more than enough.

So just 1 would work? One is for sale in the forums...

What. YOU are a comedy every few minutes! :hammer:

Stunners suck, definitely go reefbrite, or save a TON and DIY. They sell kits to do it. You dont need the fancy cree bulbs either...

I agree with Evan, this thread is very funny. You flipflop so much you should be a democrat, oh I mean politician.

Oh, and go barebottom so you can mount some under the tank (directed upwards of course). Fill in those shadows, you know.

Seriously guys, dont egg him on to take the sand out. I can hear it coming already....

Funny you mention that... Once I switch to 100% SPS... I was thinking of removing it so I could run both MP40s at 100%...

Alright. So I'll try the 400w MH alone for now w/o any supps. I may add them in the future if necessary. Once I see Steve's tank, I may add the reef brite's sooner than later :P

Tonight I am going to cut a 20" square in the canopy to rest the reflector on. I am debating b/w cutting squares in the sides and the top for computer fans, or just buying a chiller and setting it beside the tank.

Hopefully the height on the roof of my canopy will be good, without any additional modifications to it. The reflector will be 11" from the surface, and the bulb like 13". If that's too close, I guess I'll have to cut the square in the canopy bigger, then raise the reflector a few inches more with some boards? I want complete 3' x 3' spread - so whatever is the lowest height to achieve that would be my goal.

I have started a poll here. 10k XM vs 20k Radium. I will order the bulb tomorrow that wins. :P

Now THIS has reaaalllllyyyyy become a comedy laugh.gif

"Adam, maybe Tom has something here. Can you build me a rotisserie tank? Rock work and corals on a spike down the center. And, it'll rotate under bars of LED's, T5's, halides, AND car lights."

Sorry, I'm having too much fun.

I think I counted 17 fish now... 2 more coming soon?

Current Fish List (16):

2 Spotted Cardinalfish

1 Tank Bred Banggai Cardinalfish

2 Firefish

1 Tank Bred Blue Neon Cleaner Gobies

2 Tank Bred Ocellaris Clownfish

1 Yellow Tang

1 Melanurus Wrasse

1 Royal Gramma

5 Lyretail Anthias (1 male / 4 females)

Future Additions (4):

1 Blue Hippo Tang (small)

1 Copperband Butterfly

2 Japanese Swallowtail Angelfish (male / female)

Didnt waste anytime restocking.! So much for QT and all that once important stuff...

2 thoughts...

1. Adding a chiller and the MH is going to add a lot of heat and humidty to your apartment. Trust me, Ive been there before.

2.Go with the lighting YOU like, dont let everyone choose for you. Do you want it really blue or really white.? Im so glad I dont have these dilemmas to deal with.

Didnt waste anytime restocking.! So much for QT and all that once important stuff...

2 thoughts...

1. Adding a chiller and the MH is going to add a lot of heat and humidty to your apartment. Trust me, Ive been there before.

2.Go with the lighting YOU like, dont let everyone choose for you. Do you want it really blue or really white.? Im so glad I dont have these dilemmas to deal with.

Both good points, Travis.