Neto's 20 gallon Shallow Reef

Neto

Love the set up. Any recent FTS to share?

And how are your early returns on the ZeoVit? How did you change your setup to accommodate it?

I dont have any FTS but will get one soon.

In order to have the tank ready for zeovit, I will need to remove the chaeto, setup a zeolites reactor, start dosing additives accordingly and put carbon in a media bag. I will build the reactor myself and it will be automated. I really enjoy building things, I consider it "part of the hobby" and so far I have built my tank, stand, lights, ATO, sump, and even an arduino controller for the lights.. I will start with the first four which are ZeoBak, Zeolites, ZeoStart3 & ZeoFood7 and later use B-Balance, XTRA & Zeospur2 (as needed).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how much alk and ca are you dosing at this point? Looking forward to a f recent fts...cheers

Around 20 ml each. I need to take fts. Putting a reminder on my cel

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Changes Made:

- took off the sand

- no more chaeto

- full zeovit

- removed yellow tang

- replaced WP25 with MP10WES

Plans for 2015

-Metal Halide 150w and current led setup or ATI 6x24" T5 sunpower unit

-add another MP10WES

Edited by Neto

Looks good! Changes are positive?

Yes, going zeovit for a few months i have seen some improvement on the coloration of the majority of the corals but growth is pretty much the same, maybe its still too early to tell.

Changing from wp25 to mp10wes was a good move because these are more consistent in the flow, the wp25 had to be clean for it to perform as intended.

Removing the sand was needed because i wanted higher flow and it caused a sand storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a 6 bulb power module for $300 locally, a deal i could not pass! It needs new bulbs but still! Thank God im out of those leds!

c449a8d68790e9c35d1aa22e0615180a.jpg

1ca04a5d71cb945090f2fb4893e86e2f.jpg

Found a 6 bulb power module for $300 locally, a deal i could not pass! It needs new bulbs but still! Thank God im out of those leds!

c449a8d68790e9c35d1aa22e0615180a.jpg

1ca04a5d71cb945090f2fb4893e86e2f.jpg

Great pics!

Watch out some of those ATI fixtures have a problem of falling in the tank.......I have just heard rumors.

Isaac?

Great pics!

Watch out some of those ATI fixtures have a problem of falling in the tank.......I have just heard rumors.

Isaac?

Lol dont tell me that, mine is hanged on drywall with special drywall bolts. Hopefully it will be ok. Its only a 24" fixture

Lol dont tell me that, mine is hanged on drywall with special drywall bolts. Hopefully it will be ok. Its only a 24" fixture

Your fine. I pushed some limits I should not have. But, now I know how the inside looks, which is easy enough:

9ec4da3ed5dfe6ead98aa90da0fa364d.jpg

Your fine. I pushed some limits I should not have. But, now I know how the inside looks, which is easy enough:

9ec4da3ed5dfe6ead98aa90da0fa364d.jpg

Ouch! Dis you fried all the ballasts?

Ouch! Dis you fried all the ballasts?

TBD. Looks like I have some salt creep in x 2 endcaps that won't stop sparking. Great light till I needed to fix it :(

TBD. Looks like I have some salt creep in x 2 endcaps that won't stop sparking. Great light till I needed to fix it :(

Then Get the toothbrush and start working! Lol

Sweet light. I have a 4 bulb powemodule coming next week.

These are amazing fixtures! Too bad i cant afford a hybrid, they are like $1000 for a 24" unit

What was your beef with the LEDs? Was it the old fixture specifically, or LEDs generally?