Bruce's (bbyatv) New 150

bbyatv

WOW! :clap:

That is an amazing amount of growth for 3 months. My hat is off to you, you have a blue thumb :laugh:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Here are a couple shots taken in May 2015.

The tank was awarded TOTM at Reef Central this month.  Hooray!  It has come a long way since I almost burned down the house.

gallery_965_1344_116820.jpg

gallery_965_1344_259269.jpg

Bruce

Didnt realize you made tank of the month. Congrats! It's well deserved. You have a great setup!

Graham,

It means a lot coming from you.  Your corals have always inspired me.

By the way, are you a member on RC?

Bruce

Just saw you made TOTM on Reefkeeping Magazine.  Congrats Bruce!  Tank looks beautiful.

As always, stunning. Once I get my system in order, I will be reaching out to you for a large frag pack!

Thanks Tom.  I tried to plug WAMAS a little in the write up.  I figure every little bit helps.

Bruce

Beautiful! Congratulations on the recognition.

Graham,

It means a lot coming from you.  Your corals have always inspired me.

By the way, are you a member on RC?

Bruce

Yes, under same screen name.  Not very active on RC though.

Thanks Tom.  I tried to plug WAMAS a little in the write up.  I figure every little bit helps.

Bruce

I saw that. Thanks! 

Bruce, you erned the reef keeping title. You are dedicated and keep a clean system which allows hundreds of people to get cheap frags of stuff that grows extremely well! Excluding the purple monster, but I am glad you got frags of it back out as well.

How can you worry about getting better color if you don't check po4 and nitrate? IMO your tank would look great with a biolepet reactorñ

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate your thoughts.  I have considered a biopelet reactor in the past, but have opted not to use one for a couple of reasons.  First, I do not have any algae problems to speak of.  I think if I had po4 or nitrates, they would show up in the form of algae.  Maybe not, but probably.  The second reason is complexity.  I am trying to keep this thing as worry and ,maintenance free as possible.Adding another reactor (especially one that I am not convinced I need) just does not seem to make sense at this time.  I am however going to start taking notice of tanks that have good color on certain corals and see if they are running a biopelet reactors.  If they are, I will rethink the idea.

Bruce

Bruce, you erned the reef keeping title. You are dedicated and keep a clean system which allows hundreds of people to get cheap frags of stuff that grows extremely well! Excluding the purple monster, but I am glad you got frags of it back out as well.

How can you worry about getting better color if you don't check po4 and nitrate? IMO your tank would look great with a biolepet reactorñ

I figured those would be the reasons you hadn't thought about one. Look at some of the tanks, they are stunning! Plus you get to feed so much more and IMO that is what helps bring better colors.

• 2 months later...

Adding some recent pics.

Thanks for looking, Bruce

gallery_965_1557_137310.jpg

gallery_965_1557_137386.jpg

gallery_965_1557_111081.jpg

gallery_965_1557_1444.jpg

gallery_965_1557_122994.jpg

gallery_965_1557_179233.jpg

gallery_965_1557_50241.jpg

gallery_965_1557_132295.jpg

gallery_965_1557_232588.jpg