Who felt that?

LanglandJoshua

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine held up even though it was a GlassCages. Fortunately I have an IP Camera on it and the sump. I was able to check before the earth stopped shaking.

Now I told you so story

When we first got our 50" flat screen we put it on the book-shelf cuz the wife said it looked good. I said "I don't feel comfortable with this what if there is an earthquake or something. She goes " There are no earthquakes in Virginia". I agreed but proceeded find a stud in the wall and secure the tv with some zip ties and screws. There were vases and all kinds of books on that bookcase.

Anyone wants to guess what is the only thing that is standing intact on that bookshelf. clap.gif

I guess the biocube stand is better than I thought. Everything is fine up in Howard County for me. I got in the car and left work immediately.

Marc is shut down indefinitely, and metro is only going 15mph. Goodluck to anyone relying on metro or marc!

^ hahaha. I said the same thing your wife did about my tv when i put it above our fireplace. I never did attach it to the wall, luckily no damage today though, I wonder if I should attach it now? What are the chances of the next one coming?

Edited by FearTheTerps

Yea I was worried since I had built my stand out of angle iron and welded it with my friend. I have been worried since I built it but I guess that was a pretty good tank and stand tester for me and everyone else. Coral was nocked around pretty good I can't believe how big it was.

At work the whole school shook so hard it made me kinda sick because everything was moving. I didn't know what was going on, thought it was just me trippin out, until it stoped and everyone ran outside screaming. Leaving me standing there thinking did that really just happen?

I just made it home (one of the few advantages of being a mile or so from work), my tank is ok... wow the little bit of traffic I saw getting on 295 and 395 was a mess!

My wife was at home and said some water splashed out of my tank, but not much more than that.

I guess I can cross " Experience an Earthquake" off my bucket list. Now I'm starting to think I should drive south this weekend and knock out a hurricane as well.

My glass 90 is fine - a little water slopped out, but I suspect one of the tangs may have reacted rather than the tank itself shaking since I only found one or two things fell in the house. Smaller tanks are all fine. News confirmed that cell phone service being unavailable was just call volume - no damage.

My wife says the tank is still full of water but also full of a stringy, mucousy substance.

Just got home. 66 and 29 were a mess. My tank is all stirred up as well. I added sand to the tank last night and when I just saw it i thought to my self wow this is taking a long time to clear up. The tank is cloudy and some montipora fell down. I was scared I would have 200 gallons of water in my basement!

My house is a mess. My baby (700 rwhp cobra that stays in the garage under a cover) was damaged by tools falling off of a shelf. The Solana moved 2" across its stand, rockwork collapsed and gfi tripped on it and another tank. Tanks had no power for about 3 hours... Time will tell if everything is alright.

I heard it was 3 miles deep, all the information now is mostly useless. Metro is closed for anyone wanting to know, loved ones might be stuck in the city

also just heard the Washington Monument is pulling a leaning Tower of Pisa

USGS updated their website. They initially reported it as 1km. Now they are reporting it as 3.7 miles deep.

My house is a mess. My baby (700 rwhp cobra that stays in the garage under a cover) was damaged by tools falling off of a shelf.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It shook really bad here as well. We are only about 25 minutes from the center location. Anna called me at work and said a bunch of stuff fell off the wall and out of the cabinets and broke. She said the 265 rock work got rearranged and a lot of broken corals. Then she went downstairs to the fish room and discovered lots of water on the floor. The sump was dry so i told her to unplug the return pumps. I came home, cleaned all water up filled the sump and cant find no leaks. Its been 2 hours and no more water on the floor. Just got done half a$$ing the rock work in the 265. I will be re aquascaping this weekend. No damage to the foundation or wall of the house. Just glad to hear that everyone is O.K.. Now get ready for the possibility of some nasty weather this weekend from the hurricane. :wacko:

^I know, and we have a wine tasting scheduled that is already paid for and is rain or shine! Should be, um, fun? :) At least I will probably get a case of wine out of it!

It shook really bad here as well. We are only about 25 minutes from the center location. Anna called me at work and said a bunch of stuff fell off the wall and out of the cabinets and broke. She said the 265 rock work got rearranged and a lot of broken corals. Then she went downstairs to the fish room and discovered lots of water on the floor. The sump was dry so i told her to unplug the return pumps. I came home, cleaned all water up filled the sump and cant find no leaks. Its been 2 hours and no more water on the floor. Just got done half a$$ing the rock work in the 265. I will be re aquascaping this weekend. No damage to the foundation or wall of the house. Just glad to hear that everyone is O.K.. Now get ready for the possibility of some nasty weather this weekend from the hurricane. :wacko:

I'm glad to hear you guys are OK and the damage is minimal. Is it to early to say....I got DIBS on those frags! :)

nothing cool happened here at the house except for a few crooked pictures. fish tank seems to be fine too. I was outside in the parking lot at NPS and felt the ground move very similar to when the ground moved when that plane hit the pentagon. Both times I thought it was underground demolition work.

I'm glad to hear you guys are OK and the damage is minimal.

Ditto, glad to hear there were no tank failures - rockwork & splashes ain't too bad. Wish I had a camera on the tank to see how the fish reacted to rocking & rolling :D