65 gallon Red Sea Max photo update

gizmoody

Looks great and healthy. What kind and how many pumps do you use for the flow? It looks like a Vortech on the left? Thanks.

Beth

Beth, I have two pumps forming part of a closed loop system that are rated for 640gph and 320gph. I also have a Vortech MP40 running at 60% power in wave crest mode. The MP40 really helped to get flow to a few dead areas and now I don't have issues with cyano bacteria.

That picture of the Bellina is incredible! Awesome job! Glad to see that things are making a comeback

Thanks Max. Hopefully it remains stable for a while without any bugs. Below is the same bellina with AEFW bite marks from a few months ago, then it got worse. Now none. By the way, those blue hornets are from you and growing insanely fast.

6776782805_243f5c14aa_z.jpg

Corals are starting to grow again and gain some color original non-brown color back. :laugh:

Hawkins

7025308057_fefdc8d422_z.jpg

Montipora

7025307837_97e136774e_z.jpg

Acropora - originally a light to medium blue but turned completely brown...tips are turning blue

6879206460_e591962430_z.jpg

really nice SPS pics.......looks like someone is preparing to win a POTM contest........

Darren

Absolutely! I wish I could take photos like that! dang iphones! :)

Edited by Ryan S

(edited)

really nice SPS pics.......looks like someone is preparing to win a POTM contest........

Darren

Dude, I never even thought about that! I'll have to partake in the competitiveness. Thanks very much.

One of the aims in leaning photography and using the tank as a subject was to create a wall of art showcasing the beauty but also fragility of corals and our underwater world that is in danger at Artomatic in DC. Non-reef keepers are amazed by these creatures and really start thinking about the beauty they have never experienced and also the environment and the damage being done or that can be done after I start talking about it. At the least they are now aware. Artomatic will not happen this year and I still have a lot of work to do to become a better photographer. I also wish I was business minded enough to take advantage of this to recoup the cost of camera lenses!

Edited by gizmoody

Messing around with the camera and different perspectives plus going a little darker. Let me know what you think!

Deep water Acropora...I think

7028148643_5169750158_z.jpg

Another Acropora. Check out the geometric polyp!!

7028148565_b38a05dd1a_z.jpg

Ora German Blue Montipora...I think.

6882045780_525ca3eb52_z.jpg

I recognize those bottom two pieces tongue.gif glad the acro made it! I've always loved the polyps on that Tort.

I recognize those bottom two pieces tongue.gif glad the acro made it! I've always loved the polyps on that Tort.

Your corals always do really well in my tank. Acro is finally starting to grow and show polyps again...it's safe for now and until you decide you want to start growing it again.

That second pic is probably one of my favorite coral pics ever.

Are you serious? Thanks dude. If I ever decide to professionally print these you get a free one.