New B and New Tank

matt bills

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch the ammonia. You're system is probably just reacting to the additional bioload and you'll get past this bubble in a day or two.

your reading of product water should be 0. I wonder if you have your membrane seated correctly in the housing? are you hearing any noises coming from the unit, like bubbling or gurgle sounds?

this may also be why you are producing so much water so fast.

Just got it to 0 pom had flow valve backward

glad to hear you got it. It was probably my fault for fooling around with it :unsure:

when i glues the corals to the rock can i do it in the water for do i have to take the coral and the rock out of the tank to glue it with super glue?

You can glue the stony coral frag to the rock while underwater. You need to use super glue gel, though. Not the watery stuff.

Head over to youtube and search "how to frag sps" and you should find a video or two that will show you how to mount a frag using superglue gel. It's pretty easy, but it's even easier once you've seen it done.

Your ammonia (at 2.5 ppm) is high. You may want to get some ammo-lock or some other ammonia binder before things start failing as even a 50% water change will only get you down to 1.25ppm which is still too high. How is the livestock looking? BTW, your salinity is 1.026, not 102.6.

Whew, 0.25 ppm is much better than 2.5 ppm. Keep doing what you're doing, then. If you get a chance, test your water change water for ammonia to see if it's a source.

what test kit are you using? if its an api make sure you are referencing the SW card for the reading. IME .25 on an API kit measures <.2 on most other kits.

you can always have someone else test it for you :cool: if anything just to make sure your kit is reading correctly.

Sean

why would there be ammonia in the water change water?

I will

A while back, some salt mixes contained ammonia salt contaminants that gave them a very low ammonia reading when initially mixed.

what test kit are you using? if its an api make sure you are referencing the SW card for the reading. IME .25 on an API kit measures <.2 on most other kits.

you can always have someone else test it for you :cool: if anything just to make sure your kit is reading correctly.

+1

It's still not unreasonable that you've got a little ammonia right now. You just added a fair amount of livestock into a new system. Your biological filter may still be adapting to the new bioload.