Tank Food Party

BeltwayBandit

It is starting to sound like we are going to have to hold this party in a nearby park!

If people are willing to bring food and/or drinks I can certainly fire up the grill and we can feed ourselves as well as the fish.

How about an 11:00 start time, we can blend away until 12:30 or 1, then switch to people food.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddi

I can bring sodas, just tell me which kind, Coke? Pepsi? 7-UP? Sprite? Juice? Also, have you posted directions on how to get to your place? I certainly don't know how to get there.

Jacob

I can definately help with bringing some people food too. I have about half a large bag of golden pearls that I can donate to the tank food making cause.

I'm fine with a later start time. I was just throwing some times out there to get the discussion started. We need to come up with a plan for ingredients, and who is bringing what.

Are we going to divide up the ingredients (kinda like potluck fish food) or just have 1 or 2 people buy them and settle up at the party?

Oh and one other note, I think we should not let Eddi pay for any of the tank food ingredients, since he graciously offered us a venue. Thoughts?

BB

I think one or two people should buy the bulk and have others bring in those items not commonly found in local stores. I have a list of ingredients at home that I know I can find close to my house, I will post that tomorrow or the next day. I will also include a wish list of the other items so people can speak up if they have them. Lee and Scott711 have volunteered to come earlier and help me buy everything we need, so I think we are covered for now. I am sure a few things will come up at the last minute, I will post as needed.

Zprface had kindly agreed to coordinate the frozen food order but she understandably needs some help. If anyone is willing to assist her we can have the order here well before May 7th.

BB, I appreciate the offer but I don't mind paying for my share. However, I will charge admission so I still come out ahead. :lol: :lol:

I will also sometime soon post directions to my house, or maybe just have everyone follow the aroma.....

Dave, want to stop by and empty my freezer? I have a huge chunk of cyclopeeze and shrimp that I won't be taking with me. I can bring it to work and throw it in the freezer if you want. Also a half bottle of selcon that has been kept in the fridge. the korean market just up the road can't be beat for lots of other goodies to throw in such as fish eggs :)

m

Guest Keyoke

I'd like to join in too if it's not too late. 1/4 block of Cyclop would be good, plus whatever it's gonna cost to help chip in.

I'm also a fair hand at smoking ribs, brisket, chicken and the like, KC style with a good dry-rub.. 8 hrs or so over some hickory and the stuff is like candy.. :) I'd be happy to donate a couple slabs of ribs, or a large brisket (or two.. dunno how much ppl can eat..). I can just smoke everything in the smoker a day before, and leave it on the rare side. If there's a grill or oven we can just heat and eat. :)

Few admin Q's for you all

1) Is the Date May 7

2) What is start time?

3) Do you want this posted in the Calender section?

4) any other notice sent to members?

5) would you be willing to make some extra for club to raffle off at spring meeting that is now moved to May 14? [club will give you some money for expense of food]

let me know either reply or PM me. or email to craig@wamas.org

I think the current count is at 22, three of those being maybes. No, I don't think we need any more advertising!

I think the frozen food order, if it does take off, should be separated in a new thread.

Please note: I have two large German Sherperds. They are friendly but please take that in consideration if you are afraid of dogs or have allergies.

Could you post directions, or rather your address? I would like to come too, but want to know how long of a drive it is :)

I was scanning through all the posts, so if its there already, I apologize; I haven't seen it though.

Eddi:

Since this is my first "Blender Bonanza", I am unsure as to what each of us need to bring.

Can you please post a list of ingredients that are still required for the party so we can sign up to bring them? If the "raw" matierial requirements for the fish food have been met, the rest of us can bring people food/beer/softdrinks.

Thanks a lot

Unni

Eddi:

Since this is my first "Blender Bonanza", I am unsure as to what each of us need to bring.

Can you please post a list of ingredients that are still required for the party so we can sign up to bring them? If the "raw" matierial requirements for the fish food have been met, the rest of us can bring people food/beer/softdrinks.

Thanks a lot

Unni

29650[/snapback]

I am working with Eddi to get a list of everyone that has said they want to join in, what they have offered, and figuring out what we need. Hopefully I will get that finished up and posted over the weekend.

BB

So, 11am May 7 at Eddi's, right? We can bring our rockfish again.

Who is doing the Cyclopeez order? We would love to get some of that, too.

Bob and Tamie

I guess I'm coming late to this thread and I can't make on May 7th anyway, but I'd love to buy some of the finished product, if that's possible. If not, that's ok, too...

Sharon

I'm still in for the 1/2 block of cyclops and the food making party on the 7th at 11am - woo hoo!

Okay, so where are we posting what we can bring? I was thinking I could maybe bring a bag of mussels and maybe some clams from whole foods....?

Can we pick up and pay for our cyclops at this par-tay as well?

Cool. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 7th!

Cheers

Mike

I think I have done most of the past orders with Jemco. Shipping is dirt cheap- they can ship it surface, and I think last time I had a bigger order than this and it was under $10 as I recall. Second, I would recommend a hammer and chisel for breaking the blocks. I have not met a fish that didn't like that mysis shrimp. The Krill is good for anenomes, from my experience. Oh yeah, I think I picked up spirulina powder from them and rose xanthim or something like that. Supposed to be good for coloration. It was in the batch we did at steve's last summer. Nathan swears by red pepper powder. I had always provided phytoplankton in the past. Glenn is getting 3 ripe bottles from me so if they don't crash, a couple liters is good for the liquid base. Have fun. Only a bunch of reef junkies would make a party out of grinding up dead fish.

Two questions.

1) Is the cyclopeez order fullfill? If not please add me for a bag. If yes and there are surplus or someone else drops out, then LMK I will buy it.

2) Have directions been posted? Please provide address of location.

Thanks in advance.

Jacob

I got sent out of town for work, but I am back and still willing to coordinate the frozen order. Jhemco is the way to go IMO. Shipping is way cheaper!

Since this thread is getting so long, please email me directly with "cyclopeeze" in the title to Landreski@gmail.com.

Here's the other issue. The blocks are weighed as they are shipped because the sizes will vary. So how can we calculate cost ahead of time? LMK if you guys have any ideas about how to handle this.

Linda

Linda thanks for jumping on this- I do need the cylopeeze and sent an email per your directions. I would guess that a block is about 32.00 or so plus shipping. We find out what the total order is and divide the partial blocks as best we can prorated for shipping. I thought the blocks were standard 750 gram blocks.