Catching 6 line

Mando77

I have a 6 line that has always had a small white spot. Fish is healthy, but I want to try and get ride of this. What is the best way to ctach a 6 line? The guy is way to smart and fast.

Fish trap maybe I tried to catch one but had to remove all the rock they are very fast... I don't think you could hook him without killing the fish. Fish are terrified of the net. Anyway post if you catch him.

Pulling out the rock is the only way I have ever been able to catch a sixline. They are one of the hardest fish I have ever had to remove from a system. I would probably just leave it alone instead of causing stress for the tank and yourself.

I have a 6 line that has always had a small white spot. Fish is healthy, but I want to try and get ride of this. What is the best way to ctach a 6 line? The guy is way to smart and fast.

If the fish always had the spot and is healthy, what would be the point of trying to catch it? Anything that you might do other than leaving it alone, will most certainly cause the fish to be stressed and become unhealthy.

Let nature take its' course.

If the fish always had the spot and is healthy, what would be the point of trying to catch it? Anything that you might do other than leaving it alone, will most certainly cause the fish to be stressed and become unhealthy.

Let nature take its' course.

+1, what are your plans after you catch the fish? If you are looking to quarantine the fish you would have to remove all your fish and let the tank go fallow for 12 weeks if you think you have ich. If you think the spot is just a lesion of some sort, feed well and let the fish heal on it's own. I would say pulling a fish out of the tank is a last resort and causes much more stress to the fish than letting it recover in the environment it's most comfortable in.

Thanks, I am without a doubt never going to touch the rock. No fish is that important. Its a small spot thats just an eye sore to me. I will just leave it alone. I want to put it in a seperate tank and try and cure it.

It takes a couple of days, but I have been able to catch small fish by putting a piece of PVC in the tank that reaches all the way to the top of the tank and that has an elbow and a small section of PVC on the bottom end. I feed through the tube until the fish are comfortable going into the tube to eat and then put a net over it when they're in there. Instead of fleeing to the rocks, they flee into the tube and I just lift it out. No stress to the fish, easy capture technique, just have to do it for a couple of days to get them used to it. Caught a nightmare blenny in my 300 with this technique.

It's a little stressful for the fish but I kept my aquascape intact by waiting until about 2 or 3am. Lights go out in my tanks at 9pm. I turn on the lights and start tapping on the rocks to make the fish come out. I've caught 3 damsel fish (very fast and not easy to catch) and my 6 line wrasse like this. They act like they're drugged. They're very disoriented and slow. You have to act fast because they only stay like this for a few minutes. So make sure you have a container or tank ready to put them in. I also used two small nets. The wrasse stays low in the tank and swims into the corners. The damsels swim to the top. It took me about 5 minutes to catch each one. Good luck!

Just leave the lid off for a couple days. You won't have to worry about him in the tank after that....

Never had a sixline jump out.. A few other wrasses unforunately..

(edited)

Never had a sixline jump out.. A few other wrasses unforunately..

I have a blue headed that threatens to jump out every time that I raise the lid, but my six line pretty much stays at the bottom. You may want to try this:

trap.gif

Think: "delete crab and insert fish."

Edited by Charlie