Petco has low grade Picasso Clowns

Almon

I saw a topic on the MOFIB site that ORA was dumping large quantities of B-grade and C-grade Picasso clowns. People have seen them at Petco stores all over the country.

I went to the Petco in Laurel today, and sure enough, low grade Picasso clowns for $18.95 marked as A. Percula. I had to pickup up two.

Petco by me had 2 last week.

I saw a topic on the MOFIB site that ORA was dumping large quantities of B-grade and C-grade Picasso clowns. People have seen them at Petco stores all over the country.

I went to the Petco in Laurel today, and sure enough, low grade Picasso clowns for $18.95 marked as A. Percula. I had to pickup up two.

Is Almon going to try to breed some top class picasso's from them? :)

bob

Is Almon going to try to breed some top class picasso's from them? :)

bob

Would be nice, huh?

I picked up 3. One is really nice the others are ok but well worth the price (part of the vertical strip is front to back). Hopefully they will color up nicely. I did see one that the fish girl at petco had on hold for herself that was very nice with a bar front front to back. I could convince her to sell it to me though. Have a contact there that I am going to have contact me if they get some nice ones in. Called around and no one seems to have anymore at Petco. The manager told me they are listed on their order as sold out and they were replacements for their normal perculas since they were sold out.

they dont fight right now because they are juvi's but it possible as they mature. I have actually had two percs with a black and white ocellaris before and they lived peacefully in a 55g. I might be upgrading my tank (75g custom) to a custom 130gish if and when i move.I mainly picked them up to see if they work out together and to give them a better chance of survival from the store tanks

Edited by phisigs79

I overheard a conversation recently. Rumor is that ORA lost much of their stock in the cold winter... now short on "normal" clowns, perhaps they are just selling whatever they have, and the C-grade picassos were inside.

I picked up two today. One is def a B and the other prob a C. Petco in Laurel still has 6 or so left. If I had more money I would have bought another pair.