Do you name your fishes ?

angel not fish

I do have a PAC MAN - big eater, yellow and oval shape - yellow tang.

Also have a SURPRISE - so shy, lives in a shell, comes out for lunch and dinner, any exception its a SURPRISE - purple firefish.

There is somebody else, he never think out of the box (I mean anemone), so his name is aNNNemone. - clown.

And my FRIEND - he is the friendliest, so lovely, he is more angel than angel fish, he is the fox face.

So, and your names ....

Fabiana

In my African tank, I have a big guy that loves to chase everybody and has moved ALL of the substrate from under the rock pile. The name that I gave him really isn't repeatable on a family forum. :eek:

The only fish in my tanks wiith a name is Stinkerbutt, a blue-eye kole tang who likes to harass newcomers and can't stand anything red (flame angels, Hawaiian flame wrasses.....).

I like my fishes alive so I don't name them :drink: (You'll get this as you spend more time on the forums and get more addicted to the hobby

I tell every student who comes into contact with any fish at school that they may not name a fish for at least a month, if not longer, as whenever a fish is named at Floris it dies. This has happened on more occasions that I can remember, and it even carried over to this past summer when a family that was taking care of a fish tank for us named a fish one night, it died the next, and then the entire tank crashed over the course of a few days, killing off a trigger, an eel, and some damsels. Last year we had a puffer and no one in my class named it, but then a kid from another class named it and what do you know, the next morning it was dead. This is one of many stories.

I don't think calling a Hippo Tang Dorie counts....

bob

Tell that to the dead "Dories" that have been at Floris, alive and happy to be Pacific Blue Tangs one day and dead "Dories" the next!

The only fish in my tanks wiith a name is Stinkerbutt, a blue-eye kole tang who likes to harass newcomers and can't stand anything red (flame angels, Hawaiian flame wrasses.....).

haha, you warned me about that with my yellow eye and you were right! :lol2: Except mine hates black stuff and will attack the glass if I'm wearing a black shirt.

dont name mine.

i usually name them but have let friends that helped with the move and all name the last few additions

my father named the powder brown tang - Poon yeh he is a comedian

the old scooter blenny that went to a friend was named caviar, he also named a 5 legged emrald penta

the others havent been named yet cause im trying to pick baby names

I'm actually developing a presentation for Ignite Annapolis on the topic of my crazy fish names. As a friend told me - most of my fish tend to name themselves - most recently my newly introduced 6line wrasse found his way to get completely wedged into a locline output with 12hrs of being in the tank - had to use bone cutters to cut him out of the locline - his name: Harry Houdini.

Sure do........ here are the names = tell me what the fish are :) way too easy........

Princess

yellow

Tuskie

fox

thing 1 and thing 2

claws ( ok - not a 'fish')

stripes

you have to have some kind of name to relate a fish to the Mrs............

my black perculas name is ozzie and harriett and my yellow tank gets called dorkfish. i think if you ever watch yellows for a while you'll understand, lol. as for the rest they go un-named.

I usually don't wind up naming all of my fish or other animals myself. My african cichlids are Shaman (named by a friend, and an absolutely nasty fish), Mojo, and LB, which is short for little son of a gun. I bought him because he had all of the other cichlids trapped against the glass in the store. I figured he'd be the best bet to hold his own in my tank, and he earned his name. LB is the youngest, the other two I've had for five years now. I had a Martha Washington, but she went to live in another tank after she outgrew mine.

I have two fish in the saltwater tank, a lawnmower blenny and a neon blue goby. Still debating names on those. The peppermint shrimp is named Lobster. And my bettas at work are Sushi (RIP) and Finley (by a coworker, since I took too long to come up with a name).

Edited to add: Oops, LB's name got filtered. Sorry!

Edited by Malawi

Not too many names here (insert old joke about not coming when called). The baby clown I got from Doug is called, well, Doug. in 3 or 4 years, no name has ever stuck on his mate. As a new male, he was 'little clown" and now is Mrs Doug.

The rabbitfish answers to Bunnyhead, but that's not much of a name.

I usually don't wind up naming all of my fish or other animals myself. My african cichlids are Shaman (named by a friend, and an absolutely nasty fish), Mojo, and LB, which is short for little son of a gun. I bought him because he had all of the other cichlids trapped against the glass in the store. I figured he'd be the best bet to hold his own in my tank, and he earned his name. LB is the youngest, the other two I've had for five years now. I had a Martha Washington, but she went to live in another tank after she outgrew mine.

I have two fish in the saltwater tank, a lawnmower blenny and a neon blue goby. Still debating names on those. The peppermint shrimp is named Lobster. And my bettas at work are Sushi (RIP) and Finley (by a coworker, since I took too long to come up with a name).

Edited to add: Oops, LB's name got filtered. Sorry!

My sugestion for a lawnmower blenny is WEIRDO.

Not too many names here (insert old joke about not coming when called). The baby clown I got from Doug is called, well, Doug. in 3 or 4 years, no name has ever stuck on his mate. As a new male, he was 'little clown" and now is Mrs Doug.

The rabbitfish answers to Bunnyhead, but that's not much of a name.

I agree, Doug is probably best named "little clown". :lol2: