The Air bubble

NamReefs

:wacko: hi all!! im just new starter that why i really have alot of things i dont know please help me out!!

i just purcharge the new hanging refugium on bulkreefsupply, when im run it the outlet water have alot of buble like you run airfilter, but i dont know that small buble can hard coral? and the other question is hanging back refugium has to have buble or something not right with my new Refugium? :excl: :eek:

:wacko: hi all!! im just new starter that why i really have alot of things i dont know please help me out!!

i just purcharge the new hanging refugium on bulkreefsupply, when im run it the outlet water have alot of buble like you run airfilter, but i dont know that small buble can hard coral? and the other question is hanging back refugium has to have buble or something not right with my new Refugium? :excl: :eek:

It sounds like what you're saying is that you bought a new hang over back (HOB) refugium from BRS like this one: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Octopus-Sump...oduct_info.html and that you're seeing microbubbles released into your tank.

I suspect that you may see some microbubbles initially but that these will eventually disappear. If not, you can tie the toe of a nylon stocking to the outlet and that will help to keep them from entering your display.

Microbubbles generally are not harmful to most of the life in your tank. It's mostly a cosmetic problem. I would not be too concerned. Give it a couple of weeks or more and things will improve. If you grow macroalgae in the it (like chaetomorpha), the chaeto will help to trap the bubbles, too.

Whats your first language? I can do Spanish. You can send me a PM with the question in Spanish and I can post it in here.

im so sorry about my english not strong enough to understand!!

For those of us who have spent considerable time overseas....

Your english is much better than my Chinese...

Your english is much better than my Burmese...

Your english is much better than my Thai... French... Eritrean...

About the same as my German, or Tagalog...

BUT - my spanish is better than your English! Hah!! :)

Also - for the same reason, perhaps - I don't have any trouble understanding you at all.

bob

Also, new water sindrome! New water tends to hold on to the microbubbles longer than old, established water. Something about having more water tension.

Over time the micro bubbles will disappear.

dont trust Borets spanish. He makes it up as he goes along :)

Justo poste en su idioma lo que usted trata de preguntar, y haremos cuanto podremos para ayudarle fuera.

dont trust Borets spanish. He makes it up as he goes along :)

Or Bob's Chinese, the only thing I've heard him say in Chinese is taco.

It could be that the water line to the new fuge is causing it. If it's splashing in water, it will create bubbles. If the line has a slight leak, it could draw air into it causing the bubbles.

Like Tom sugested, you can put something over the drain but becareful it does not collect detritius or slime causing it to back up and flood.

I have cheato if you need some.

Come to the frag fest on the 28th in McLean, VA.

im so sorry about my english not strong enough to understand!!

You're doing fine with your English. No worries ;) . Keep posting your questions.

thank you alot all brother!! im feel better now :rollface: :rollface: and i hope thu air buble does not hard my coral. thanks again.

The air bubbles should not Hurt your corals, especially not in the short term, but there are some things you can do to make sure there are less bubbles released into the tank.

Your refugium does not NEED to have air bubbles more than the rest of the tank, but of course the water needs to be appropriately aerated. If you are getting a LOT of bubbles into the tank you can make adjustments to the refugium so there are less, or install a filter to trap the bubbles before they return to the tank.

PS I understood your question. You're english will get better the more you post!

Laura