Zoozilla's 320 Gallon "Moved to Another House" System

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, never!! Actually, the tank was picked up a couple of days ago by some nice folks off of craigslist and is now good hands. Lucky for me the tank didn't sit too long. I was leasing space in front of the washer/dryer and the wife wasn't too pleasant about it.

Well, it's a new "used" tank. Details to follow :)

Dan, can I have my old tank back now.!!

Whats this new tank you speak of.?

Man, what a tease!!!

Steve, I do my best :laugh:

Looking forward to it Dan, you always do a very nice job on your tanks.! I will miss that tank... Well, I dont miss carrying it..

Thanks Travis. Don't remind me it! Though, it seemed much easier getting it here than taking it out this time around. That slight grade in my back yard really hurt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Several weeks ago, I decided on a slight upgrade. So long 150 DT. I kept all of the fish and sold off some of the corals.

180_2_zps6461434a-1_zps6b0c48e7.jpg

180_3_zps5975482a-1_zps36739a2f.jpg

180_4_zps49df1133-1_zps09abf18c.jpg

Replacing it with a 180 Gallon Oceanic RR from FF (Thanks Sean!):

180_1_zps6ab1a99b-1_zps9726641b.jpg

The tank was already drilled with 2 x 1.5" holes in the back glass for a closed-loop. In the mean time while deciding on a pump for the loop, I went ahead and added the plumbing and unions:

180_7_zps7ba9fce5-1_zps3604cae4.jpg

You upgraded the tank just to get tank of the month again didn't you?

From the looks of it, it shouldn't take you long. Nice job! :clap:

Thanks David. Lol. Was just trying to make more room for future growth and swimming space for the fishies :)

nice looking tank.

Thanks Rob.

Looking good Dan!! I remember seeing that tank when you first set it up. I remember thinking, he it totally going to upgrade to a 6' long tank one day. I was right!!!!

Wow! Looks nice

Thanks Matt!

Looking good Dan!! I remember seeing that tank when you first set it up. I remember thinking, he it totally going to upgrade to a 6' long tank one day. I was right!!!!

Hey there James. Long time man. Yep, I had some room to spare and the price was right on the tank. So, I saw an opportunity... ;) Btw, congratz on getting hitched and becoming a new homeowner. You'll have more space now for that ultimate build!

oo mama im glad that tank went to a good home, looks fantastic

Thanks Evan. Glad the tank was still available when I finally decided to upgrade. I was actually surprised that it did not sell much sooner.

very beautiful Dan....barebottom eh?...

Thanks Billy! Full BB this time around. This is a big change for me since I've always had some amount of substrate even if it was less than 1/2". We'll see how it goes. But, should be much easier to keep clean.