Zoozilla's 320 Gallon "Moved to Another House" System

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Pics taken this evening:>

UnknownAcro.jpg

:eek: wow what is this acro? beautiful. if you ever frag this one out let me know.

~alex

:eek: wow what is this acro? beautiful. if you ever frag this one out let me know.

~alex

Thank you Alex! Purchased it as an "unknown" sps but more than likely it's a blue-tip tenuis? I'll let you know when I frag it.

Zoozilla, those are some very nice pictures!!!

Thanks man! Took my new lens out for a spin last night ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Can I see an updated FTS? The last one was amazing!

Thank you Tyler!

<FTS 7/16/2009. Rearranged and added some things since my last FTS a couple of months ago.

Experiencing slow to moderate grow. Hopefully, it continues to do so ;) >

DSC_0657.jpg

<Need to pick up more of these XL Chromis>

DSC_0652.jpg

<Anti-Algae workhorses. Yellow tang, Orange Shoulder tang, and Foxface>

DSC_0653.jpg

<Mystery Wrasse. One of my favorite fish. His/her tail got a bit nipped when first introduced into

the display tank but is now recovering well.>

DSC_0654.jpg

<Psammocora>

DSC_0655.jpg

I love the look of the three pillars in your tank. Do you have any trouble cleaning the glass? The tank looks pretty deep. Do you use tongs to reach the stuff at the bottom?

I love the look of the three pillars in your tank. Do you have any trouble cleaning the glass? The tank looks pretty deep. Do you use tongs to reach the stuff at the bottom?

Thanks Tyler.

Since using the "Easy Blade", I find cleaning the glass a cinch :) These days, I only worry about cleaning the front and side panels. Been leaving the back glass to grow out wild.

Yep, 30" deep and can't live without my trusty "Aqua Tongs". But, if a frag happens to fall way out of reach, I typically let it fend for itself (unless of course, it's an L.E.) ;)

(edited)
That is such a cool wrasse! Where did you get him?

Got that little guy from BRK. Active most of the day and full of personality.

Edited by zoozilla

Real nice progression. Have you reconstructed the front opening to give you access yet?

;)

Real nice progression. Have you reconstructed the front opening to give you access yet?

;)

Thank you Mark.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet. Still trying to work out a compromise between form, function, and wife's blessing ;)

Btw, does your front panel work off hinges or does it simply pop out?

TBH I haven't finished it yet as I have been too busy, but it is designed to just come off and I am using Velcro to keep it in place. Whole panel only weighs about three to four pounds.

TBH I haven't finished it yet as I have been too busy, but it is designed to just come off and I am using Velcro to keep it in place. Whole panel only weighs about three to four pounds.

From your post/pics, looks like it's almost done.

Very nice... only 3 or 4 lbs... that's pretty light. Will definitely make accessing so much less of a pain in the arse :)

< FTS 7/25/2009... Couldn't get any sleep last night... I knew 4 cups of coffee after 5pm would be a mistake... So, took some time to clean off the coralline from the back glass...>

FullTankShot_7_26_2009_B.jpg

The tank looks neat, clean, and freaking awesome without the coraline on the back glass. It really makes the colors of your corals and fish pop. I like it.

The tank looks neat, clean, and freaking awesome without the coraline on the back glass. It really makes the colors of your corals and fish pop. I like it.

Nice!

Thanks guys! I've seen members in the club and other forums do the same; so, I thought i'd give it a try. Yeah, I gotta agree; the colors do pop out and come to life against the dark back drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank has come along very well and when those corals grow out, it is really going to be awsome looking tank.

• 3 weeks later...
Your tank has come along very well and when those corals grow out, it is really going to be awsome looking tank.

Thank you Vader :)

It's been about 2 months now since taking the 2-Part dosing pump offline and moving back to a Ca Rx.

The reactor took a couple of days to dial in; but, so far so good. I'm back to measuring ALK daily; but,

once the reactor settles, ALK testing will eventually resume to once every 2 weeks. Tank parameters are currently:

pH: 7.99 - 8.00 (lights out) and 8.19 (lights on) <---Need to work on bumping this up slightly.

ALK: 10 dKH

Ca: 450

Mg: 1350

S.G: 1.026

In addition, overall growth has been very modest (though my fish seem to be growing daily ;) ). Over the next few months, I'll work on bumping up the feedings, increasing water changes, etc to hopefully jump start some new growth.