Zoozilla's 320 Gallon "Moved to Another House" System

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome, Dan. Good re-configuration of the fish room. and awesome skimmer!!!

Jon

Thanks Jon. I love the skimmer too :)

crazy nice looking tank Dan.

TY Renato. So, what size tank did you finally end up with?

excellent looking, many props. And kudos for having the stuff to drill your tank while set up. :cheers:

Thank you. Thank you. Truthfully, I was sweating bullets the entire time :blush:

• 2 months later...
(edited)

<Hey guys. My ongoing quest to improve water quality and clarity has led me to another equipment upgrade. I recently purchased an AVAST Marine TurnKey Ozone unit. This is actually the Beta model (Thanks Dan and Justin for allowing me to purchase this one as opposed to waiting until the production model is available to the public :)) but from the high quality materials used and overall workmanship, one could easily have mistaken this to be the final production model. This particular unit came complete with the Luft Pump, Ozone Generator, Ozone reactor, Carbon Chamber, Mounting board, and necessary hoses. All I needed was the feed pump. I had a MAG 9.5 laying around so all was good. So far, this thing is kicking some serious "organic" butt. Just after 2 days or so of use, my ORP raised up by 30 + points which immediately affected water clarity for the better. Prior to purchasing this unit, I actually thought my water was pretty clear. I was wrong. This ozone unit has actually improved it quite a bit. My fish seem to be almost floating in air.>

AVAST_Ozone.jpg

Edited by zoozilla

• 3 weeks later...

<FTS 10/2010. Just can't keep my hands out of the tank... Removed more rock and coral from the middle section and rearranged things slightly. Will probably leave it like this for a bit to see how it grows out. The glass isn't too bad but looks like the sand bed needs some attention :blush:>

Full_Tank_Shot_10_2010_2.jpg

really like the rearrange, frees up alot of swimming and growth room

cool how you can see the hippo reflection but not the hippo on the left side.

cant beleive how clear the water is either.

Looks great Dan!

Thank you, Bob!

really like the rearrange, frees up alot of swimming and growth room

cool how you can see the hippo reflection but not the hippo on the left side.

cant beleive how clear the water is either.

Thank you. Getting rid of most of the center section took some getting used to. But, I know, in the long run, it's for the better (growth and swimming space-wise).

Water clarity has greatly improved thanks to AVAST Marine's turn-key Ozone Unit :) Initially, I cranked up the ozone unit too quickly; which in turn, polished the water (good) and slightly toasted the tops of my corals (bad)... Should have known better; smaller baby steps. Now, I have it turn off when ORP reaches 350 mV ;)

It looks nice as always. The fish load looks pretty light, what all do you have in there now?

David, Thank you! You're correct about the lighter overall fish load. I had a few jumpers (my beloved mystery wrasse, bangaii card and Starry eyed blenny) along the way and some larger fish which I put up for adoption. Now, I only have a YB hippo, Yellow, Orange shoulder, Desjardini Tang, Yellow Coris, couple o' Damsels and a GSM clown in the DT and a few Percs and blennies in the FT. Down the road, I do plan to purchase several smaller shoaling type fishies.

• 10 months later...
(edited)

@Coral Hind- Overall, LPS are doing great. So is the large green polyped toadstool I have at the back center of tank. In regards to SPS, the Leishman table, validas, ORA Hawkins, and tenuis seem to be doing pretty good.

Edited by zoozilla

I don't know how I missed this thread. This is a beautiful tank and your water looks so clear. How did you get your live rock structures into such high vertical columns? I will soon be building some reef structures and I like your vertical look.

(edited)

@dave w- Thank you. I can attribute the water clarity to my AVAST O3 reactor and GAC. Regarding the rock work, i used a "live framing" / rock skewering technique. The frames were purchased pre-made from a WAMAS board member (trockafella). I drilled a few rocks, stacked and re-stacked them several times, and used a combination of epoxy and cable ties to secure the unruly pieces.

I did sketch something up as a guide for myself: http://www.wamas.org...liveframing-v3/

Also, Sanjay has some examples of his live framing: http://reefcentral.c...5&pagenumber=28

Edited by zoozilla

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...