Zoozilla's 320 Gallon "Moved to Another House" System

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

<Here's one from 11-2009. Moved, removed, and replaced a few corals since my last post. Haven't experienced crazy growth yet. Pieces are still trying to lay down

adequate base tissue. Colors are so-so but definitely improving. Well, just got my camera back after being with my parents for 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to take/post more shots soon???>

gallery_864_714_81862.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

And as always, Have a Nice Day ;)

Dan, I didn't notice you Hippo tang before when I was there is he new?

He looks awesome as well as the rest of your tank.

Thanks @Happyfeet. LOL, no. I've had that guy for a couple of years now. He/she is a "Ninja" of sorts with the ability to hide in plain sight ;)

Dan Its lookin good... I sure do miss my old tank... Dont miss carrying it though..

Thank you Travis.

Don't worry, that tank is in good hands. Yep, that tank had some weight to it especially for only 2 people carrying it out of your house and down my backyard hill ;)

thank tank is packed full of goodies...i like it.

Thanks Eric. Only have room for a few more pieces and gonna put myself back on restriction; i promise :biggrin: . That or go bigger?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Eric. Only have room for a few more pieces and gonna put myself back on restriction; i promise :biggrin: . That or go bigger?

You should go bigger, I can help you find a home for that old 150... But were gettin more than 2 people to go back up that hill..

• 1 month later...

Awesome pictures! I LOVE the look of macro SPS shots that show the polyps.

I'm going to have to get some pictures of mine now that I have a little tripod.

Awesome pictures! I LOVE the look of macro SPS shots that show the polyps.

I'm going to have to get some pictures of mine now that I have a little tripod.

Thank you Chad.

Speaking of tripods. I really have to invest in a better one.

Dan,

Your tank is still one of my favorites. It's really diverse, interesting, and is a pleasure to look at.

Thank you Tyler!!!

Hey, any updates on your tank(s)? It's been like forever. Let's see those pics :)

Thank you Tyler!!!

Hey, any updates on your tank(s)? It's been like forever. Let's see those pics :)

Yeah, I've been really busy with school and whatnot. My tanks are a bit ugly right now. I have to get them back up to par before I update as to not embarass myself. :eek:

Yeah, I've been really busy with school and whatnot. My tanks are a bit ugly right now. I have to get them back up to par before I update as to not embarass myself. :eek:

Man, you really have to get your priorities straight... j/k... LOL... :laugh::lol2::laugh:

• 1 month later...

Excellent looking system Dan! I love the machine room :)

What kind of camera/lens did you use for those macro shots? They are fantastic.

Thank you, Brett!

Macro photos courtesy of Nikon D200 w/ Sigma 150mm F2.8. Awesome lens which I'm still trying to get use to. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

<A couple of weeks ago, my Reeflo ORCA 250 found a new, loving home. No doubt, the ORCA is a beast of a skimmer but I needed a replacement

which would better fit my system volume and bioload. So, a slight downgrade was in order: a Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 EXT :)>

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

<This thing is still in it's break-in period. I'm extremely happy with its performance so far.>

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

• 2 months later...

A couple of updates:

So far, the Month of July has been pretty busy:

<Reconfigured the fish room slightly. I ended up pushing almost everything against the perimeter of the room; freeing up some much needed space in the middle. Needless to say, the wife was very happy about this mod :biggrin: >

DSC_0260.jpg

<Finally decided to install a non-hang-on overflow. After much deliberation, I decided to go with Glass-Hole's Dope 1500 gph Overflow kit. The kit comes complete with everything shown... Yes, even the candy :laugh:>

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

<With fish and corals in place, I removed 80% of the water prior to drilling the display tank.>

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

<I ended up scraping off all of the black paint from the back pane. I'll eventually re-paint it sooner or later.>

DSC_0267.jpg

< FTS as of 7/12/2010... Removed some of the live rock and lowered the towers slightly. Also, I trimmed/moved/sold off a few of the larger SPS. Ahhh...more space...;)>

FTS_7_12_2010.jpg