Leishman's New 36x36x24

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice score on that Northwoods Pink Lemonade, Rik.

I wonder if L.A. will have anymore available...

They do, the mother colony is 8"x8". They cut evey other branch all the way round the lower edge to start with. They have sold 2 on the Divers Den and gave away 2 @ MACNA.

• 1 month later...

How are you liking the lighting you have on it now?

I'm trying to figure out what will work good on my custom. Still undecided on size till I get the basement finished, but something like 48"x36"x24" (180g)

I'm wondering if your lighting setup would work on it?

Edited by Sikryd

How are you liking the lighting you have on it now?

I'm trying to figure out what will work good on my custom. Still undecided on size till I get the basement finished, but something like 48"x36"x24" (180g)

I'm wondering if your lighting setup would work on it?

You would need 2 x 400w IMO

How is the tank going? have you gotten the algae under control?

Kind of

Update:

I have decided to add a split-tank to my system that will be easy to change as my mood sees fit. The tank is 30x20x10.5 and has a 2" wall 10" in from one end; this 2" wall is to hold a sand bed in place. Above the 2" wall is a removable wall (removable for cleaning) that will keep the fish etc on that side of the tank. The rest of this tank will be my new frag tank. The whole thing will be lit with 4xt5 bulbs and the display end will also have a 70w MH for the 'shimmer'. Here is the tank; right side is the 'mini display' that will be viewable from the den:

a.jpg

To start, the new display will have a 2" sand bed, a rock, a rose anemone and a pair of clowns. This new tank is built into my new frag tank and will be tied into my system, and my current frag tank will be converted into an auto top off.

b.jpg

The 16"x9" viewing window will be just to the left of my 135 and about 5'6" up the wall.

c.jpg

When I get bored, I will return the rose put the clowns in the 135 and make this little tank in to a seahorse tank, or a pipefish tank, or a zoa garden, or

Edited by Leishman

How did you end up doing the return?

That's the ugly 3/4" white PVC you see in the pic, it's hooked to the eheim that fed the old frag tank in the sump. I need to replace it as there is minimal flow reaching the new tank.

That is great so when I walk right in I can see all the goodies right in front of me! You should think about putting a TV in the wall above this new frag tank so that you can look at the tank and watch the Caps game at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just took a 2 month break from the reef world as I was ready to get out of the hobby due to work, family, and AEFW. Until 2 days ago I had not done a water change since November (top off only), I added no Alk or Cal, and did not clean the skimmer. I did many dips, proberbly too many, I lost most of my SPS. Here are SOME of the corals I lost

I just took a 2 month break from the reef world as I was ready to get out of the hobby due to work, family, and AEFW. Until 2 days ago I had not done a water change since November (top off only), I added no Alk or Cal, and did not clean the skimmer. I did many dips, proberbly too many, I lost most of my SPS. Here are SOME of the corals I lost

Dang sorry to hear about that...you had some of the best stuff in your tank.

A can atest to the fact that giving up on water changes is NOT the way to go.

I've learned this many times over.

It's the easiest thing to do to correct most ailments.

I'm glad I called you Monday.

say it aint so rik, d@mn that is terrible news and you had some of the most amazing sps in the area. u should of tried to unload some of it, i'm sure someone would have tired to nurse them back to health. did you manage to at least salvage some frags for the colonies? that enchata was one of the sweetest corals i've ever seen in person, at least i think that is what it was.

Sorry to hear rik just aint right, i had a similar die off lately and will be way out of time when the new baby gets here in march, but hopefully ill see you at the meet. I tried to pm ya but its not werkin.

good to see you back on here

was wonderin where u been Rik....this hobby sux sometimes, or most of the time...i lost both my picassos at different times this month and have no idea why..i've had them for 2 years...i feel like quitting the hobby every time something happens but i just can't bring myself to do so...keep your head up bro.