Leishman's New 36x36x24

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that only 1 vortech doing all of that? thats awesome....

2 - The second one was added last night. It only took 5 minutes to sync them and another 15 to set the wave.

thats a nice wave you created, and some good flow all over.

We'll see.

You need more softies :)

No.

SPS and LPS only. Will be pulling Palys (need the $$$) but may keep that softie thing that's in there now.

May add an Aussie Golden torch if I can find a nice one.

why you say that Rik? you dont like the flow or dont think its enough for when you add more SPS?

It's been running for 12hrs. I think I'll need to see how everything reacts and go from there.

It's been running for 12hrs. I think I'll need to see how everything reacts and go from there.

got ya, good luck, hope it works out for you. I just hooked up an mp10 on my tank and i am really liking lagoon mode at 100% power but i will give the wave a try in a few.

• 4 weeks later...
How is that Vertex Alpha 250 treatin ya?

Working well with the new insert in place. It will be put to the test soon when I pull the trigger on my fish list:

Bartletts x 10

bartletmale.jpg

Tailspot blenny

IMG_1270.jpg

Helfrichi Firefish Pair

TonganPurpleHelfrichiFirefish.jpg

Mystery Wrasse

mystery%20wrasse%202.jpg

Fang (Striped) Blenny x3

PB260536.jpg

Smithii Blenny

Smithii1.jpg

Forktail Blenny

forktail.jpg

Candy Hogfish

bodianus_bimaculatus28416.jpg

Hector's Goby

lg-71237-hectors.jpg

Clownfish pair. Yet to be selected.

There are others on a list at home..............

Keep an eye on those blennies. I have found that they don't like each other and will fight.

Looks Awesome!

+1

Looking good Rik

Nice fish list too. The only thing I would worry about is your Mystery chasing stuff out of the tank. Mine did it to one of the smaller flames. They're all cool now though. I guess he had to establish his dominance after the tang and foxface were gone.

• 2 weeks later...

So I took some pics last night. The tank still looks like crap. I have had tanks for over 8 years and never had an algae problem until now; except the bubble algae when I gave my Vlamingi Tang to Sanjay for the Pen State tank. Anyway, this algae is stringy, brown and filamentous, which makes manual removal impossible. I am blowing it off the rocks each night and running filter socks to get as much out as possible. Enough about that nightmare, here's the pictures:

P9280030.jpg

P9280031.jpg

P9280032.jpg

P9280033.jpg

P9280034.jpg

P9280067.jpg

Too blue but

Looking good Rik - some nice colors from what I can tell.

On the algae issue, yeah that can be a nightmare.

I set this new tank up and decided to do Brightwells partial zeo. I don't have any algae at all, and haven't since day 1. This includes diatom blooms, ect. from transferring to a new tank. I had cultured lr and stuff, but still usually got the blooms and some algae after the other tank transfers.

I might quit doing it when I go to the new tank. (yeah were getting a new one for the basement, the wife wants to get the tank down there, so I agreed. Now I just have to pick one out and order it. It'll be a few months till I do since the basement hasn't been started yet)

I'd love to stop by and check the tank out with the wife one of these days. That way she can see what a similiarly sized and dimension tank actually looks like in place. It would also give me some ideas as far as incorporating it into the basement since I am still designing it.

Was that the only one? I can't find it.

Just another pic I found.

DFS%20Northwoods%20Pink%20Lemonade%20(Acropora%20microclados)%20$99.99.jpg

I need this one!