Sikryd's 125g RR tank upgrade

Sikryd

Same here... got 2 different frags of envy orange and didnt make it... put me down for a trade later on as well...

Yeah those FK really look nice with high light :)

Right on Ben - I fragged some the other day. I think I have 2-3 one polyp frags. Same thing - I'm sure we can trade for something.

I was over at a buddies getting some pictures of his tank for him before he took it down (sprung a leak). And picked up a couple frags he has had for me for a while.

The 2nd one is the Freddy Kruegers I gave him. They look pretty neat in his tank.

Love this one -

Yellowtipped.jpg

Actinic shot -

Freddiesbob2.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bout a full tank shot, or two 1/2 tank shots.....thinking of not selling my 125 and setting it up if i can't find a buyer....

Edited by epleeds

how bout a full tank shot, or two 1/2 tank shots.....thinking of not selling my 125 and setting it up if i can't find a buyer....

I plan on getting some on the next go around of pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
It sounds like he needs to clean the glass first. :wig:

Come up my way and check it out in person :) I always welcome everyone over. Plus then we can BS about Riyahd and Bahrain!

I have people over all the time, otherwise I might get lazy on the glass thing ;)

Hopefully this summer we can have a tank tour.

Thanks Doug - got a couple more I finally uploaded

Nemframed.jpg

SikrydsOrenji.jpg

Edited by Sikryd

(edited)
Very nice pics, Chad. If this anemone ever splits for you, I'd love to get a clone for the greenhouse!

Thanks! Its out of control right now. I'm about to cut it. Its 16" across, I've had to move corals 3x now to get it them out of the way of it.

I'll let you know after I get done taking the scalpel to it.

Edited by Sikryd

Its out of control right now. I'm about to cut it. Its 16" across. I've had to move corals 3x now to get it them out of the way of it. Enough is enough - time to get it back to a controllable size.

I'll let you know after I get done taking the scalpel to it.

Quarter it! I'll take 3 :)

I wish I new how to get pictures stuff that is super bright. It always washes itself out.

This acan is one of the best I have, it is crazy bright, with a weird red/orange color to it - about 8" too to give you an idea of the polyps.

IMG_0198.jpg

Is this a red boerbanki.

Is this a red boerbanki.

Its a super red/orange acan. I can't get the white balance on it right since it is so bright. I haven't figured out how to take a picture of it yet to get a true picture of the color. Its the same color as the chalice that is posted above.

One of these days I might pony up for a nicer camera. The D10 is great for a point and shoot. But I don't get many pictures that are worth saving...

That or I have to learn the settings and do more manual shots.

I might have to try and get one with less lights on too. That is with 1000w (all 4 halides) so that may be why too???

(edited)

Here is the new tank build thread on RC, I'll be updating it there if anyone wants to check it out

I'll be updating it there, but here are some quick shots of the progress

Basement1.jpg

Basement4.jpg

This is the entertainment area with a 55" LED and fireplace. The stair walls are going to be cut down so you can see through to the room on the right and the tank.

Basement5.jpg

The tank will be where the dolly is.

Basement6.jpg

Some quick pictures before the drywall finishers get here

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Edited by Sikryd

• 2 weeks later...

The primer is now on the walls, so on to trim this coming week.

The wife sprung for a new skimmer for all the hard work :)

Its been skimming old vinegar that I cleaned my vortecs with for the last week. I'm pulling the sump out tomorrow to put it in. I tried putting it in last week, but it is too big without pulling sump out from under the stand!

Bking.jpg

Awesome, Chad. Look at all that new tank real estate :eek: Approximately how much space will be dedicated for the tank, equipment, etc?

Thanks!

The tank is going to be a 200g Deep Dimension or equiv. (haven't decided to go custom or not 100% yet) - It'll be to the right of the stairs on the wall with all the outlet boxes (RODI, 2 x 20amp GFCI seperate circuits, and CAT 5 for the APEX)

Everything will be underneath like I have my tank now.

The idea is to have the tank and canopy to go from the floor to ceiling, with side panels to also cover the rear overflow part where the tank sticks out from the wall.

Overall I am going for a real modern look with clean lines to match the rest of the decor.

Here are some pictures that kind of show the bullnozed drywall (rounded corners) and the kind of "look" it is working towards.

The double doors on the right side of the basement are 15 lite French Doors (storage area back there).

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

(edited)

This is the furniture we picked out -

We'll see if the budget allows it here in a month or so :) lol

I'll just wait on ordering the tank if we have to save up for a month or two. I'm in no hurry to get this new tank up and running.

The boss wasn't down with the black and white stuff, or the nice wood (the pets will scratch it) So I had to compromise on this set. The color is better than the pictures. It is also super comfortable which surprised me.

Furniture.jpg

Coffeeandendtables.jpg

Rug.jpg

Edited by Sikryd

Nice furnishings Chad. You need some art to go with them- check out my friends' website at www.jameslightbourne.com

Thanks. Nice work on that guys site. The budget is already tapped though. I'll be lucky to get the tank and stuff done without saving up for a bit.

Even doing the the work myself and being my own GM, it is still costing us ~$20k (with the furniture) - that's our savings from the last 3 years. So we'll see how it all comes together in home stretch here.

We still have all kinds of art though. I am a pretty avid collector, so we always picked stuff up along our travels. Nothing fancy, mostly inexpensive, and a lot of stuff just done on the streets (like on the Venice boardwalk) then framed. The framing usually costs 10x the price of the art :) lol

Some pictures I added to a controversial thread on R2R - figured I'd add them to my tank thread smile.gif

Sikryd's True Orenji

Sikrydorenji.jpg

BGM

bubblegummonster.jpg

SOBE

Sobe.jpg

Jokers Wild

Jokerswild.jpg

PNOY Watermelon

Pnoy.jpg

Cornbreds ME

IMG_0171.jpg

Rotten Watermelon - not really a WM

Rottenwm.jpg

Florida Gator

Gator.jpg

I have to check the bottom of these for the names later on -

ME I picked up at MACNA - super high light for growth - sick in low light

McnaME.jpg

Florida Gator

Gator.jpg

Now Chad, don't get me wrong, you've got a lot of hot corals, but come on- Florida Gator? The Gators are orange and blue. (We also just got one of the best recruiting classes EVER) That piece doesn't live up to it's name, sorry :)

very nice eye candy, really pulling me into chalices, and here i thought an sps battery die off issue would ruin me.

really love the oranji and what a great name for the rotting watermelon

I have a smiley face acan i never noticed till my wife pointed it out, ill get a pic if i ever get my camera back from my sister and its not broken.

Very nice, I like the smiley face one.

Is Sierra here yet?

Not yet! Hurry up and wait - some things never change ;)

lol

Now Chad, don't get me wrong, you've got a lot of hot corals, but come on- Florida Gator? The Gators are orange and blue. (We also just got one of the best recruiting classes EVER) That piece doesn't live up to it's name, sorry :)

Yeah, I'm not sure how the guy came up with the name, but that is it

I have some kick butt zoa's that fit the name perfectly though ;)

very nice eye candy, really pulling me into chalices, and here i thought an sps battery die off issue would ruin me.

really love the oranji and what a great name for the rotting watermelon

I have a smiley face acan i never noticed till my wife pointed it out, ill get a pic if i ever get my camera back from my sister and its not broken.

I lost a bunch of SPS and all my clams when my heater broke, it opened up some space for this other stuff to grow out though, which was welcoming in a way.