Sikryd's 125g RR tank upgrade

Sikryd

I HATE looking at corals online sometimes!!!

Merry Xmas to me though - I have been looking for a NICE Scoly -

This one I call Bleeding Apple Sunrise

Its awesome how it is both a bleeding apple and another scoly. First one I have ever seen like it.

bleedingapplesunrise.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hunter - I'm pretty stoked on it. We'll see when it comes in.

I did a HUGE ($1200+) trade with a vendor today too. So it'll be cool to get the boxes in tomorrow. I have a Tat appt @ 11am, so I won't have time to really check everything out though :(

Some more pictures from today -

Orange Envy

IMG_0321.jpg

Miami Hurricane

miamihurricane.jpg

UFO Micro

UFOMicro.jpg

Sinister Smiley (real name is wrote on the bottom of the disc)

Sinistersmiley.jpg

I like those Orange Envy's a lot! You're coming back nicely.

Thanks.

These are all things I have had for 6+ months. I haven't bought anything knew for months now. I broke that trend today with the scoly from LA :)

Here's my new Scolly that came in today -

Scolly.jpg

Then some paly's going on to Coralpedia - Sikryd's Snake Eyes

SikrydSnakeeyes.jpg

Flash shot

SikrydSnakeeyesflash.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to take some pics today after I saw one of my acans mowing on a tentacle from my bubble tip.

Acaneating.jpg

PPEchalice.jpg

Miamihurrican.jpg

PNOYwm.jpg

I can't WAIT until all your corals grow in!! THEN your tank will be incredible. For now, you've got a ton of really cool corals, but when that all grows in man, it's gonna be crazy!

(edited)
Chad your corals looks incredible!

Btw is there a name for this paly? I got some but never found the real name for them...

Got some from me? I've only traded a few off to a couple buddies.

I submitted them to coralpedia as Freddy Kruegers

I can't WAIT until all your corals grow in!! THEN your tank will be incredible. For now, you've got a ton of really cool corals, but when that all grows in man, it's gonna be crazy!

Thanks! - the tank is pretty incredible right now. It takes forever for a lot of this stuff to grow, especially if you get it as frags. Some of the chalices I have had for a year, same with most of the acans.

I think the pictures can be a little deceiving since everything is on 3" frag discs too.

I have a couple big colonies, I just haven't been able to get any good pictures. One in about 100 turn out to be postable :(

I'm going to try and get some good pictures of the "gardens" since that is where my colonies are.

Edited by Sikryd

I wish I new how to get pictures stuff that is super bright. It always washes itself out.

This acan is one of the best I have, it is crazy bright, with a weird red/orange color to it - about 8" too to give you an idea of the polyps.

IMG_0198.jpg

I got mine from a LFS, it was one of the first palys i put in my tank. They seem to be slow growers for me. I really like that name though :) .

Right on. They're pretty nice. Definitely love the high light. I have some in low and they are "muted" - up high they get pretty intense.

Zoos-1.jpg

lookin good man!!

put me down for a frag of freddy krugers and orange envy when you can get a decent size cut! I have bought two frags of the orange envy and killed them... waht lighting do you have htem in?

lookin good man!!

put me down for a frag of freddy krugers and orange envy when you can get a decent size cut! I have bought two frags of the orange envy and killed them... waht lighting do you have htem in?

Thanks Hunter!

We can work a trade I'm sure :) - The Krugers are in 300-400 par and the Envy's in ~ 150

Thats funny that you were looking for those, I just fragged up a bunch of stuff for a trade I'm doing. Just got done about 10min ago to send the guy some pictures.

They'll be ready in a week or so.

Same here... got 2 different frags of envy orange and didnt make it... put me down for a trade later on as well...

Yeah those FK really look nice with high light :)