• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All he is missing is this:

LOL

That is covered by this -

backup.jpg

It looks like I might have to fill the topoff about once every two weeks! if that.

It took about 12hours, but its all done now.

Now to just rewire the lights so I can run them each seperately off the ACIII for sunrise/sunset 123321

commandcenter.jpg

Nice setup!

The ACIII is great.

Thanks Pat - AND to think it all started with getting some Zoas and stuff from YOU, before you left!!!

Its been a work in progress. Thanks to the tax man I was able to get the stuff I have been wanting for a while. Just had to convince the wife and do a lot of work!

Now for the fine tuning, adding another reactor, tweaking here and there. Not to mention selling a bunch of live rock and re-aquascaping for growout.

Little by little....

My pictures are awesome!!! It looks better in person of course.

• 2 months later...
Sweet looking Clam!

Thanks! I am really happy with it. I have looked at hundreds of clams, but never seen anything with that tight of a pattern on it.

Here is one of the pair of Lineatus' we picked up

Lineatus3.jpg

(edited)

I posted this on CMAS. I took this the other day before I cleaned the lens and focus thing off. I am going to try and get some better pictures soon. That or have someone come over and take some for me.

The tank has never looked so good. The colors are crazy and the water is crystal clear. I couldn't be happier with the whole setup. It has taken a lot of time, reading, research, ect. to get it to this point, but it is sooooooo worth it to see it every morning!!! :)

Now its on to growout! (The wife was surprised I turned down free coral the other day!) We have 90% of what I plan on keeping. I'll probably sell off half of what is in it now once they grow out, color up and are little mini-colonies. I want to see what they all can look like....

Obligatory FTS that is out of focus and crappy, but you get the new aquascaping idea....

More to come once I can figure out how to get some good pics.

FTS.jpg

Edited by Sikryd

I thought I posted these on here...too many boards!

Here is an acro I am not sure the name to, or if it has a name. Slowly becoming a favorite. Been coloring it up for 4 months now. Just starting to come into its own.

acroname.jpg

These are some SWEET grandis, favorite zoo right now. Took a couple months to color them up like this. Better green than the picture, since the camera isn't the greatest.

grandis.jpg

Monti's

Montis.jpg

Acan island - Thanks Bob for the SWEET trade! Whoever didn't pick some of these missed out BIG TIME! (I don't pipe anybodies stuff up. - if its nice I tell ya, if the stuff is alright you won't hear a thing - doh!)

Acanfarm.jpg

Sikryd,

Those look great! Are you using a Calcium reactor or two part? I think I saw you selling a reactor so I was wondering.

You are getting a lot of coraline and great coloration.

• 2 weeks later...

Boret - Thanks its a labor of love!

2 part for now. Until I know the reactor stuff 110% front and backwards I am going to do this. The tank is and will grow out of it in the next year and I will add one.

Generator will be on the way soon too after I figure out which one we want to get

Here are some more pics -

Here is a cool Acro that is METALLIC green with white polyps. I remember that it is from an unusual area, but I have to check again to find out where it came out of. I have had it for 4 months and have watched it change into this. I can't wait to see what it turns out to look like.

GreenMetallicAcro2.jpg

These are some grandis that I have had for a while and are just now coloring up. They are bigger than a quarter. Well you can tell how big they are from the frag plug too.

grandis.jpg

The Picasso's Townhouse

Nem-1.jpg

One of my crocea's that is up for sale now that it is taking up too much valuable real estate! lol - it is on a big rock that needs to go. Oh and my little ham of a Foxface. Him and the Purple Tang cruise around together like best friends.

Clamforsale.jpg

And a couple other recent additions

Clam1copy.jpg

One of my favs

Greenngoldclam.jpg

My favorite right now. It is more of an actual electric blue and real white

Bluenwhiteclam.jpg

Here are a couple crappy tank shots from before the storm tonight - it shut the power off and all kinds of good stuff

Here is the cleaner shrimp cave and the Lineatus hideout

(oh...and Chalice Land...lol)

Leftsidetank.jpg

This area is getting ready to be re-worked so it looks a lot cleaner and has more "depth" to it...

Fulltankshot1.jpg

Got my water test results back from Steve9999 (did a trade with him for a water test from AWT)

I just changed out my rowa that morning. Guess I need to use a little more. I have only been using about a Tablespoon every 2 weeks. My colors are out of this world - so it must take a little more to affect them. That or the zeo...

I also haven't been dosing calcium like I should. I am getting the doser up this weekend.

Pretty happy with the results. I wasn't really sure on the phos and nitrates since the tests are so hard to really tell.

Thanks Steve - great trade

Water Test Summary

Ammonia (NH3-4) ........................Good ......................................... 0.005

Nitrite (NO2)................................Good ......................................... 0.017

Nitrate (NO3)...............................Good .............................................3.3

Phosphate (PO4) .......................... High............................................ 0.51

Silica (SiO2-3) ............................. High.............................................. 0.8

Potassium (K) ...............................Low................ ............................. 328

Calcium (Ca)................................Good ............................................ 384

Boron (B) .....................................Low.......... ....................................1.5

Molybdenum (Mo)......................... High.............................................. 0.2

Strontium (Sr) .............................Good .............................................9.0

Magnesium (Mg) ..........................Good .......................................... 1238

Iodine (I

Here is a new addition from NYaquatics - couldn't pass up the $59 price tag!

Borbonius.jpg

Small picture for the small fish - lol

Helfrichi's

Helfrichis.jpg

(edited)

Sikryd's Mixed Reef

Lighting Par

Setup Description

Aquamedic 3x250w DE 4x54w T-5's

Ballast -

PFO HQI

Start -

15" 200 125 100

After cleaning reflectors -

15" 275 175 140

12" 400 200 150

10" 450 300 175

8" 550 370 200

Edited by Sikryd

The clam is spoken for. I put it up on the local club up here.

Nothing right now. Its growout season ;)

Maybe next year.

Its looking great!!!

I am thinking about doing the AWT test as well. To get an idea where I am and also to test the accuracy of my home tests.

How far off were you from your own test vs the AWT tests?

I love those clams. I see you have tons of frags, in 6-9 months I will need to pay you a visit! :)

Its looking great!!!

I am thinking about doing the AWT test as well. To get an idea where I am and also to test the accuracy of my home tests.

How far off were you from your own test vs the AWT tests?

I love those clams. I see you have tons of frags, in 6-9 months I will need to pay you a visit! :)

The clams are from BRK - awesome stuff he gets in.

The test was a baseline. I just test to see where I am at in the ballpark with the home tests really. I also didn't put a lot of rowaphos, or dose potassium and all that until I knew 100% where I was at, at a lab grade setting.

Now I will do it quarterely until I get a feel for it. I test every 3 days or so with the home kits to make sure I am in the range...

Most of the frags are brown digitata's and stuff. So nothing real exciting yet. Hopefully soon I'll get some nice stuff in ;)

More than welcome to stop by.

(edited)

Some new pictures from today since I sold the crocea

Bluenwhiteclam5.jpg

A crappy out of focus picture of my Picassos in their "new" downsized apartment since I cut the nem' and the tank of a Foxface. I didn't realize how fat he is!

Clowns.jpg

Edited by Sikryd

• 2 weeks later...

Bad picture of my Yellow Torch

Yellowtorch.jpg

The Picasso's apartment has turned into a condo already - Wonder how long till I have to cut it again! geesss

(I CAN'T WAIT till that green slimer grows out!!! It is the craziest nice metallic green - bad picture - color balance is still off - I'm not sure how to adjust the camera settings yet)

Clownsnnem.jpg

(edited)

This is one of my favorite pictures from today

Clownlight.jpg

This is another pretty good picture

Starfish.jpg

The clam from Hunter - This thing is just plain sik looking!!!

BlueMaxima.jpg

This is pretty washed out and blue - but you can see the pattern on it at least

Bluemaxima2.jpg

CyphastreaOcellina.jpg

PPEFavia.jpg

Edited by Sikryd