Japanese Golden Eye Micro Mussa Minuta

Dell2go

Problem is I have this coral but I don't if the name was correctly given. When I searched there is no match. Does anybody know anything? If yes, please share. I appreaciated. Here are some pics.

gallery_1457_247_53779.jpg

gallery_1457_510_43351.jpg

gallery_1457_247_13209.jpg

gallery_1457_247_86123.jpg

gallery_1457_510_141183.jpg

I can only suggest that it looks like it needs a little trimming..... :biggrin:

Definitely in need of a good bit of trimming! :lol2:

Thanks all for showing the interest. But I need to know the exact name of it more than saling frags. I will when I know the name of it.

Sorry all

Thanks all for showing the interest. But I need to know the exact name of it more than saling frags. I will when I know the name of it.

Sorry all

It's a baby's breath favia as amos pointed out. Vivid's price is a bit on the high side for it though. Beautiful colony you've got going there.

I think the baby's breath has just been introduced for a couple years or may be 3 or 4 years max. I had this coral for 3 years and the original owner must have had this coral for ~2 more years. Does anybody know how long is the Baby's breath been introduced?

Sounds like you're going to do some research. Find out where favites are usually harvested from and start from there. Who collects them, who transships them and then the wholesaler. Maybe Vivid can point you in the right direction. As far as the name goes, it was probably whatever sounded good and marketable at the time and it stuck.

Well this what I found. I've met this person (Louis Bui) before. He's the cousin of Tri Bui (Don). I got this coral from Don who got it from his cousin (Louis Bui) when he took his tank down. Louis originally bought from a guy in CA. At that time, there were only a few (2-3) persons had this coral and he was told that it is Japanese micromussa minuta. Here is the link. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/show...postid=11499417

Never mind then, I knew this already. This wouldn't prove it is a Micromussa Minuta. I just thought I want to share. I just want to know that is anyone out there beside me and Don has this coral

Well this what I found. I've met this person (Louis Bui) before. He's the cousin of Tri Bui (Don). I got this coral from Don who got it from his cousin (Louis Bui) when he took his tank down. Louis originally bought from a guy in CA. At that time, there were only a few (2-3) persons had this coral and he was told that it is Japanese micromussa minuta. Here is the link. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/show...postid=11499417

Never mind then, I knew this already. This wouldn't prove it is a Micromussa Minuta. I just thought I want to share. I just want to know that is anyone out there beside me and Don has this coral

Remember I'm 1st in line from when you changed your avatar!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Looks like a rainbow favia of some sort. The baby's breath, I am guessing, is named for the white spots all over it. This one doesn't have white spots that I can see.

bob