check out this rarity

ctenophore

the link just takes me to the DD main page...what fish?

I saw my suissguard quite a bit until he jumped the falls and now lives in the sump. But I still see him in the sump all the time. Even my L. mowbrayi, which is supposed to be more reclusive, is out all the time in my small tank upstairs.

I would love to get my hands on one of those. I have noticed they often end up putting the really high-end fish on special, so I

LOL anyone want to split this fish with me?

Man I've been wanting one of these for a long time, but $900 is out of my league :cry:

I'll split this fish with you - I'll order it and keep it in my tank and you'll give me 50% of the price :laugh: You will be welcome to visit it any day :smokin:

JK, :tongue:

It's a beauty!

My swissguard is out and about quite a bit. Sorry, but for the difference in $ and the similarity in fish (though the colors of the candy basslet ARE gorgeous) I'll stick with the swissguard!

I swear I saw one of those for only $200 when I drove up to That Pet Place. I was an amazing looking fish. Diver's Den is so overpriced. Our LFS usually crush their prices, on just about everything.

You guys most likely saw swalesi basslets, which have the exact same color pattern but much more muted/pastel. These guys glow like they're plugged in to an electric socket. If roozens really does get them in and sells them for $100 then they are selling them far far below cost. From what I can tell, only one collector (Dynasty Marine) ever catches them, and they all go to Japan. Maybe one or two a year stay in the US. I hope I am wrong. It could be that a new collector is starting to catch them, in which case maybe we'll see more of them!

In any case, if anyone ever sees a carmabi for $100 please buy it, I will gladly reimburse you and include a tip/finders fee :)

Wow there's another one up on DD. There must be a new collector or some lucky diver hit the candy basslet jackpot this week.

Maybe it's the same one.

I imagine it went down something like:

Him: Hi Honey. Good news! I just bought a $900 fish online!

Her: Bang, crash, thwack.

Him: Uh, hello, liveaquaria? I just placed an order by accident I need to cancel.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

From what I can tell, only one collector (Dynasty Marine) ever catches them, and they all go to Japan.

Forrest is not the only one getting these anymore... ;)

Wow there's another one up on DD. There must be a new collector or some lucky diver hit the candy basslet jackpot this week.

I've spoken to Kevin a bunch recently as it's an exciting time in the rare fish world... he got a few carmabi... all of which are not seen in this pic...

liopropoma_carmabi483.jpg

As Justin says, this species appears electric. And looking at the wholesale price, the $900 retail is quite a bargain, especially coming from the DD. The price will not be coming down soon... I'm amazed collectors can catch Liopropoma...

Copps