cheap red planet

basser9

just got a Ora red planet and a Ora rose Millie for a 100'00.........mr coral has 3 red planets left and alot of other oras for great prices......there has been alot of weird posts on mr corals prices and i challenge some one to find a red planet for what he is selling them for.......

just got a Ora red planet and a Ora rose Millie for a 100'00.........mr coral has 3 red planets left and alot of other oras for great prices......there has been alot of weird posts on mr corals prices and i challenge some one to find a red planet for what he is selling them for.......

Sweet so you're offering to go pick up ORA frags for me since he closes before I can get off of work and drive there? SWEET! :lol2:

there has been alot of weird posts on mr corals prices and i challenge some one to find a red planet for what he is selling them for.......

Not sure what you're implying with this post, but it's right on that line............................................................................

............. Play nice or don't play at all.

Edited by audible

There has recenly been quite a few post that his sales and prices are not cheap or misleading.....THE MOST INDEMAND CORAL TODAY MAY BE A RED PLANET......there are 3 red planets at his store for sale around 50.....no other vender would not try to get top dollar for these corals....and i would not blame them for asking for it.....this is a great deal and buy before you lose out.....i think he had a purple plasma for 60.....I think this shows very well that his shop is almost always the cheapest if that matters to us......IF you are looking for oras check them out......

There has recenly been quite a few post that his sales and prices are not cheap or misleading.....THE MOST INDEMAND CORAL TODAY MAY BE A RED PLANET......there are 3 red planets at his store for sale around 50.....no other vender would not try to get top dollar for these corals....and i would not blame them for asking for it.....this is a great deal and buy before you lose out.....i think he had a purple plasma for 60.....I think this shows very well that his shop is almost always the cheapest if that matters to us......IF you are looking for oras check them out......

I think you're missing the point of why people were upset. It's comments about other vendors like in your post that have upset people. Vendors or people acting on behalf of vendors should refrain from making comments about other shops.

uhhh...I was there and it's clearly mark $80 for the red planet, that's why i didn't buy it. Basically all of his prices are much higher than other shop (for ORA anyways). I don't know how he can say that he has the lowest price in town or even try to match other store prices.

But congrats on getting a great deal :cheers:

I have heard of Red Planet being sold by vendors for $99. So that is quite a deal.

bob

The cheapest I've seen for the red planets are at Fins and Feathers. I think they sold the 3 that they had for $35 each.

You are correct. I didn't want to say anything else in other posts because, 1) they were vendor specific and I thought it would be rude, 2) everyone is so touchy I thought I would be accused of something LOL :D. I'm just confirming your post ;)

You are correct. I didn't want to say anything else in other posts because, 1) they were vendor specific and I thought it would be rude, 2) everyone is so touchy I thought I would be accused of something LOL :D. I'm just confirming your post ;)

If we assume (and I'm sure we may) that AQUACO made at least $1 on each one at $35... then it's QUITE a markup to sell them for $99, or $79. Even in a business where losses in-transit and in-store have to be made up for.

Nice Steal!

bob

If we assume (and I'm sure we may) that AQUACO made at least $1 on each one at $35... then it's QUITE a markup to sell them for $99, or $79. Even in a business where losses in-transit and in-store have to be made up for.

Nice Steal!

bob

I'm not sure what angle you're going for with this post but it seems like it's unnecessary. Am I missing out on something here? Do we get a greater discount if we praise one vendor and bash the rest?

Someone give me the heads up on this because I don't want to be missing out on some good deals.

I drove to MRCORAL the other day to price a red planet, pearlberry and bird of paradise... After the ORA prices at my favorite LFS I thought MRCORAL must have even better prices.... I walked in, saw the prices and walked out... I laughed at myself for driving to Fredrick, MD as I walked out... $80 for a red planet frag...

I didn't have the time to stick around and wait to haggle for the good prices he gives people... on the way out the door I heard him say to someone else "its marked $80 but I will give it to you for $60"

Also compared to some other LFS the frags were very small. If he hooked me up I would probably be posting that he gave me a deal, but he didn't hook me up.

So if you think there were $50 red planets at MRCORAL the other day you are nuts because I would have one... and I dont...

And finally... I wouldn't have posted this if your post wasn't an advertisement for MRCORAL... I personally wont be leaving Virginia to buy corals ever again...

OH.... and congratulations on the good deal!

Edited by reefhunter

I personally wont be leaving Virginia to buy corals ever again...

+1. I know we're no LA, but I tell you, the NoVA area has got to be the mecca for corals on the East coast. You can't even buy stuff cheaper online!

I'm not sure what angle you're going for with this post but it seems like it's unnecessary. Am I missing out on something here? Do we get a greater discount if we praise one vendor and bash the rest?

Someone give me the heads up on this because I don't want to be missing out on some good deals.

Actually - I was mistaken - the previous post said he got his at F&F for $35, not Aquaco. The math still works, though - unless someone is selling at a LOSS for $35 - that means ORA sells them to dealers for $34 or less. Which means the places selling them for $99 are marking them up a LOT. That was my only 'angle'. It also means that F&F had one heck of a deal on them! And no - I'm not biased toward any particular LFS. All of the ones I consider 'local' to either work or home are great!

bob

My understanding is ORA sells a full sized frag and a small sized frag.

I have also read that there is a limit to red planet frags given out to LFS so they don't flood the market and because the corals only grow so fast. 1 large and like 3 smalls per shop per order. More then likely if Mr. Coral had a few of them they were the small sized ones.

I have read that ORA changes the deals on a weekly basis.

Last week it was one large and up to four mini's, as was the week before.

This week is one large only.

I have read that ORA changes the deals on a weekly basis.

Last week it was one large and up to four mini's, as was the week before.

This week is one large only.

I remember talking to one of the local shops about ORA and it really seems like it just depends on their mood when you call and order what the 'limits' are on any given day. And yes, like you said they change frequently. Basically, it sounds like they are doing with this coral what has been done time and time again. Find a neat frag, grow it out. Give it a funky name and charge double. I always found that I could do just as well perusing the racks at my favorite haunts.

I remember talking to one of the local shops about ORA and it really seems like it just depends on their mood when you call and order what the 'limits' are on any given day. And yes, like you said they change frequently. Basically, it sounds like they are doing with this coral what has been done time and time again. Find a neat frag, grow it out. Give it a funky name and charge double. I always found that I could do just as well perusing the racks at my favorite haunts.

So lets all find a neat frag, give it a funky name, and sell it for $5 less than ORA.

I have a couple frags of something that is very green, but have no idea what it really is.

Maybe we can call it Green Planet?

;)