Fall Foliage

dshnarw

Very nice pics. Cant wait till i get better

thanks

you've got the tank shots down pretty well, last time I looked :)

darn you're gangster with a camera

thanks jason

Nice captures :)

What are your settings: exposure, aperture, focal length, ISO, etc?

thanks

these were all taken with the rebel xsi, 18-55 kit lens. f/22, iso 400, EV -1 (processed in PS3 to bring out the shadows). everything at 18mm except the building, the leaves, and the abstract of the water at 55mm

Did you use software to expand the dynamic range of the picture? I've seen this done and even tried it some time back. You can get some great pictures by combining aperture-bracketed (under-, normal-, and over-exposed) pics.

thanks everyone :)

Did you use software to expand the dynamic range of the picture? I've seen this done and even tried it some time back. You can get some great pictures by combining aperture-bracketed (under-, normal-, and over-exposed) pics.

I did single image HDR on a few of these - notably the two falls pics - to increase the dynamic range. Instead of bracketing in camera, I'm just taking a single raw file and processing 3 times to get normal, under and overexposed tiff files that I process in Photomatix.

The photos that weren't HDR processed were just given some touch up with shadows/highlights in Photoshop to open up the shadows I lost by underexposing slightly...need to get some graduated ND filters to fix that problem :)

• 2 weeks later...
sweet shots and pics man.. I need to get out and start practicing with my D300 lol :)

thanks! and yes, you do :biggrin: post some up when you get em :)

very awesome shots. :cool:

thanks!

I'm really sick of you and Chris T making me feel inadaquate. ;) Bought a new camera, I still suck. If you keep posting though, I might convince myself to learn.

thanks! and yes, you do :biggrin: post some up when you get em :)

thanks!

I'll post some pics from last sundays skins vs boyz game that I took..

:biggrin:

I'm really sick of you and Chris T making me feel inadaquate. ;) Bought a new camera, I still suck. If you keep posting though, I might convince myself to learn.

:blush: i'm sorry!! :biggrin:

more will come...next series from snowshoe wv :) i'll make it my goal to post enough to get you to learn :tongue:

Here's my fall picture:

gallery_2631654_455_765020.jpg

lol...wasnt expecting that!! :laugh:

Awesome shots - where did you take them at?

Thanks! Maryland side of Great Falls - a couple at the island overlook just down from the parking area and the rest along the blue trail that wanders down by the cliffside.