My 8g Biocube

Oprah Wrangler

Hey all,

The corals in my 3 gallon have grow so that they are all bumping into one another so I am left with no choice but to up size my desktop beauty. As you see from the title the upgrade is a 8 gallon bio cube and it was filled with water yesterday and now I wait for the cycle to finish. I love testing water so cycling is one of my favorite parts of setting up a system. Well, here are pictures of my rock work and there will be more to come when the coral have moved over.

gallery_989_470_133362.jpg

gallery_989_470_428861.jpg

gallery_989_470_1092270.jpg

gallery_989_470_471076.jpg

gallery_989_470_474095.jpg

gallery_989_470_687966.jpg

gallery_989_470_98134.jpg

I am not anticipating that the rocks attached the wall will hold on forever. It is the nature of saltwater to decay and/or change the integrity of anything it comes in contact with over time. I wanted something different and nothing ventured is nothing gained. With the current layout, however, if anything from the back gives my glass is in no immediate danger. I think.... :eek:

Thanks for joining me on this journey.

I am not anticipating that the rocks attached the wall will hold on forever. It is the nature of saltwater to decay and/or change the integrity of anything it comes in contact with over time. I wanted something different and nothing ventured is nothing gained. With the current layout, however, if anything from the back gives my glass is in no immediate danger. I think.... :eek:

Thanks for joining me on this journey.

:( One of mine fell off last night and caused a problems, for me not the fish. I had a bit of a domino effect trying to fix it :( P.S. you at work?

Well, things are on the way. After setting the tank up on Friday, I added 8oz of urine to the system. (yes I know it is strange but it has always worked for me) Today my NH3+4, NO2, and NO3 are through the roof and the diatoms have moved in. I love watching a new system come to life. The waiting game continues.