IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

What's cool is that since I attached them to frag discs, the rics are pulling themselves apart and each mouth is forming its own ricordea. They were farmed in sand beds so the I don't think the ricordea were able to "pull" themselves apart to split into separate rics. Since most of them had 4-5 mouths, the 20 rics I ordered should be 70-80 rics pretty soon. Woo Hoo!!!

thanx for posting guys its hard to get picture threads going here for various reasons

(edited)

Maureen picked this one out at the Aquarium Company last week, and it's a beaut.

gallery_267_87_54113.jpg

Jon, Thanks for posting this picture for me, it was a nice surprise to wake up to this morning!

This Yuma is huge, almost 3" at its widest and although not quite as pink as in the picture (has more purple and teal undertones and redish striping) it is the most beautiful I've seen in person.

And thanks to Sam and JM's encouragement, I own it now!

Edited by MLazar

Guest Zimzdoodle

These pictures are great! I am really starting to become a huge fan of the ricordia yumas.

BTW James the pictures are great but since I have actually seen them in person they do not do them justice :) They look fantastic in person!

Some of those posted above appear to be Ricordia Florida's.

Here is my fluorescent green. I have sliced and diced this kind several times.

IMG_2019.jpg

bob

Some of those posted above appear to be Ricordia Florida's.

Here is my fluorescent green. I have sliced and diced this kind several times.

IMG_2019.jpg

bob

Bob - I love all of the little reddish ones you have attached to the glass too!!

Anone bringing these to hrag at the fest because I want some... LOL :biggrin:

i am surprised thaat folks have had them. when i go to see ppl's tanks i usually dont see that many ricordea so this is a pleasant surprise. thanx guys and if i can get a decent shot up here i will show the one i just got. my first yuma. also if you have floridas they are welcome

I would deffinatly want a frag of this if you ever frag it James.

-Connor

You're at the end of a long long waiting list Connor. Raf also has one of these, unless it died in his move, and I know he has a long waiting list as well. They just don't reproduce that often. Since they have the bubbles around the actual mouth, I believe this is a yuma, and not as hardy as the ricordea floridas, so I'm not willing to manually split it until I have at least one offspring to fall back on, in case the split pieces die on me.

Thats all right but could you tell me where you got it from?

Thanks,

Connor

I got mine from Raf. I waited forever for it too. Worth every penny I paid, or traded I should say.