Create a Table format?

NRehman

I'm trying to create a table in a thread. Does anyone know how to do this? 5 colums with multiple rows.

Thanks!

I worked on that for a while. Best I can tell it can't be done. The editing field won't take HTML and the built-in editor doesn't have a column feature. Even more annoying, when you add spaces to try and align everything, the extra spaces are all deleted when it posts.

I was doing some digging on this. Tables have not been defined in the bb code for this board. I do not know about enabling html code. I don't know that we will do that. I can create the code for tables, however I don't know that it will be all that useful. I'm sure there are people who know how to code a table in html, but I would guess that most don't.

on another note.. I was playing around and did add one new

feature!

Yes it is annoying and silly, but I'm sure folks around here will have fun with it.

[move] insert moving text here [/move]

wow, thanks craig! that's a completely useless and annoying feature!

:rollface:

Thank you. I think. I was mostly just playing around with the bbcode to see how it works. I am going to try and implement the table functions as well, they are a bit more complicated than my first attempt. I can get the basic functions in, but it would require a knowledge of html programing to write a table. I'm trying to work on making/finding a script that will make it more user friendly.

:bb:

I think that adding an image of a table from excel will be your best bet.

the effort of taking a screenshot and putting it online isn't as much as coding a table in the boards

the moving text

is fun though

Edited by jakaufman

if i could just do html code to do a table, that would be convenient. can we make that an option? i can actually code them much quicker than the excel screenshot.

if i could just do html code to do a table, that would be convenient. can we make that an option? i can actually code them much quicker than the excel screenshot.

I agree.

Using tables to format the post would be a great improvement.

Also enabling the <object> tag would be cool, then we could post YouTube videos without going to YouTube.

Supposedly is you put a piece of html in UBB

tags it will work, but I've never personally tried it.

Aren't you guys bored with that yet?

Quite possibly. I would need to check with those who have more power than I before turning that on. (I also need to double check that IPB actually allows html tags, I think it does but I would have to check).

Supposedly is you put a piece of html in UBB

tags it will work, but I've never personally tried it.

Nope. It won't work. UBB code tags have to be defined, they do not default to html. Of course, the definition is usually html, since most people are familiar with that. However, the move tag that I just made is actually a shortcut for a much longer html code string.

I agree.

[b]Using tables to format the post would be a great improvement[/b].

Also enabling the [b]<object>[/b] tag would be cool, then we could post YouTube videos without going to YouTube.

Thanks for the input. I actually looked at enabling the <object> tag, I just need to clear it through the powers that be first.

BB

Enabling use of HTML within forums exposes a lot of security risks for the board and users. As a result, most boards default to bb code only.

Enabling use of HTML within forums exposes a lot of security risks for the board and users. As a result, most boards default to bb code only.

I knew that there was a reason that it wasn't generally considered to be a good idea. Thanks Bob.