My clown has developed a taste for ...............

Nitro Junkie

MY HANDS ! :)

This just started last week. Last week I had my hand in the tank fixing a powerhead and BOOM ! I jerked my hand out of the tank so fast you would have thought a shark bit me ! :biggrin: I had no idea what happened. So I stuck my hand back in to finish what I was doing. While watching this time ! And sure enough she comes swiming up and takes a nibble and swam away as fast as she could. Since then she gives a nibble when ever I have my hands in the tank, especially if I'm doing something in "her corner" of the tank !

Mine won't hit my closed fist or my hand flat. Only when I separate my fingers will they bite the sensitive skin between my fingers. Smart little buggers.

Yar, same here.

Mine makes a huge splashing sound when he does it too. Almost as if he jumps out of the water to "get me". Happens a lot when I target feed stuff and seems like it is his way of telling me, "Im hungry too!!!!"

I used to maintain aquariums as a side job. One of the tanks contained a freshwater red devil about 10" long. They actually have surreated teeth-like lips. He drew blood the first few times. I learned to first put my fist in the tank and punch him a few times; he would then lay-off foe about 30 seconds.

SOmeone once said the if clowns & damsels were the size of sharks, the sharks would flee in fear!

I hand feed my clowns so they only associate my hands with food... or any object I hold in the tank with my hand. Greedy little buggers.

I have a female Tomato clown that attacks and bites me every time I put my hand in the tank. It actually hurts. I think she's telling me to get out of there! My kids won't help me in the tank any more because they don't like her biting. I bought aqua gloves to use when I don't feel like her bothering me.

Karen

Has anyone noticed this being worse in particular species? I can imagine tomatos and maroons doing it, but not so sure about perculas or others.

Has anyone noticed this being worse in particular species? I can imagine tomatos and maroons doing it, but not so sure about perculas or others.

Sigh... my perc hit me a couple times when I was target feeding - but I guess I don't taste good. Or maybe I don't have good taste. Either way, she stopped after a few bites. Of course the first time I almost knocked the light fixture off getting my hand out of there.

bob

my cinnamon clown always attacks my hand as soon as it goes in the water. It always especially bad when I go near its anemone fourtunatly it really doesn't hurt that bad.

I wonder who took Antonio's clown - I saw that fish come charging out of it's nem at the glass trying to attack when Antonio tapped on the glass. Talk about a high-strung fish.

My mated maroon gold stripe clowns leave me alone... but the male has taken to killing my GSP down at the bottom of my tank has destroyed a 3 X 4" square.

On the other hand (so to speak) every time my hands go in the tank my fire shrimp flies over to clean me! I must really need a manicure or something.....

My maroon and I go at it everytime I do maintenance, with her being the victor. Needless to say, I do as little maintenance with my hands in the tank as possible, and I feed with a turkey baster. :)

My pair of false percs left me alone for almost 2 years...then all of a sudden, when they started laying eggs, the female would attack my hands. She swims right at the top of the water if she sees me attempting to put my hand in the tank, just waiting to bit my fingers. So I started using the rubber gloves up to my elbow now.

My false perc has always attacked my hands:) and my cleaner shrimp cleans me too.. he doesn't clean the fish just my hands!

I have a Sohal in the 180 and man does he bite!! at first you think its not too bad but then when you start to bleed you know you got an aggressive fish....