Vienna Aquarium

UNCHEELS

I live in Falls Church and have made multiple trips to Vienna Aquarium but each time I leave saying to myself "that was the last time I am going back there...", but now I really think today was the last time. It seems like everything is overpriced and the people (family) working there could careless that you are in their store. I asked about a yellow polyp rock with about 6 heads on it and the price was $48! I understand that a smaller store may need to have a bit of a mark-up to make profit, but atleast counter that with customer service... Has anyone else gone there, and if so, what were your experiences like? Maybe it is just me...

Its no just you.

I ranked them up there next super petz. Bought a bright orange discus from them. 3 days later, the color of the discus faded and turned back to dull grey color and it later died. It turned out that that store been known to feed their fish with color enhancement hormones to give them the colors.

:biggrin:

Been there done that!

Bought my first $50.00 piece of 5# LR years ago!

Can still hear my daugters voice!

"BUT DAD!

You just paid FIFTY BUCKS FOR A ROCK!!!!!"

But dear it is a LIVE Rock!

YEAH, BUT ITS STILL A ROCK!!!!"

:hammer:

:biggrin:

Been there done that!

Bought my first $50.00 piece of 5# LR years ago!

Can still hear my daugters voice!

"BUT DAD!

You just paid FIFTY BUCKS FOR A ROCK!!!!!"

But dear it is a LIVE Rock!

YEAH, BUT ITS STILL A ROCK!!!!"

:hammer:

My wife says that about a $3.00 rock. :clap:

HaHa ok "good"... glad to know its not just me... Maybe I will stick to buying my corals from fellow WAMAS members... so far it has been the best way to go by far. Thanks!

HaHa ok "good"... glad to know its not just me... Maybe I will stick to buying my corals from fellow WAMAS members... so far it has been the best way to go by far. Thanks!

That or buy them from reputable dealers such as those vendors who supports us.

I worked there several years ago. They did not feed anything abnormal to their fish. I did the feeding.

I ranked them up there next super petz. Bought a bright orange discus from them. 3 days later, the color of the discus faded and turned back to dull grey color and it later died. It turned out that that store been known to feed their fish with color enhancement hormones to give them the colors.

Edited by SteveD

I stopped going several years ago, just too unfriendly in there for me (and expensive). No webb site either, just not 21st century.

Wally's and BRK for me. Sometimes I get brine from SuperPetz, but they are kinda peaked. I have purchased fish from Petland before, nice and healthy (until it jumped out of my tank).

• 8 months later...

i agree i went to that place maybe 2-3 years ago and never went back... everything was too expensive and didnt have much of a selection (or maybe it was during that time) but they seem like they didnt want to answer some of my questions...

• 2 weeks later...

try $23 for a electric blue hermit crab, apparently it was a "deep water Australian crab"

i was new to saltwater so i believed him...till i got home and googled it.

im just glad i didn't get it

try $23 for a electric blue hermit crab, apparently it was a "deep water Australian crab"

i was new to saltwater so i believed him...till i got home and googled it.

im just glad i didn't get it

:eek: seriously??? hahaha thats just highway robbery....

I will never go there again either. I stopped by when I was a rookie. I bought a Naso tang that was about 6" with long streamers. I bought it because I had gone in there twice in two weeks and they had this poor fish in a 20 gallon tank. It died a few days later. They charged me WAY too much for it also.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even get me started..I bought my entire setup there when I first got into the hobby...after joining wamas I got even more pissed at how much I paid..

I bought it because I had gone in there twice in two weeks and they had this poor fish in a 20 gallon tank. It died a few days later. They charged me WAY too much for it also.

Never buy an animal from a store to rescue it from poor living conditions. By doing so, you may save the one animal but the store will quickly order another one (since it is obviously selling) and subject it to the same conditions. Money talks and when the store cannot make money on an item, they either improve conditions or quit carrying that item.

It was a few weeks after getting my first salt tank... I wouldn't do it again...

Never buy an animal from a store to rescue it from poor living conditions. By doing so, you may save the one animal but the store will quickly order another one (since it is obviously selling) and subject it to the same conditions. Money talks and when the store cannot make money on an item, they either improve conditions or quit carrying that item.

• 4 weeks later...

I live right next to them and Have been there many time and I can truthfully say I have no complaints about them at all. I am there every week buying live brine shrimp for my fish and have also bought many fish from them, which were reasonably priced, and all, except maybe one, have survived and have been disease free. Chris is a very nice guy and every time I go in there He is always very friendly and helpful to me just today I was in there buying brine shrimp and he gave me a couple portions and only charged me for one. He even just told me to not worry about paying him today and just remind him the next time I am in there to charge me. I got to say them and of course Aquaco are my favorite stores to go into for healthy goods. I would go talk to chris and you will see he is a nice guy who is just trying to keep the family business taken care of and running. This is just my opinion and I will continue using them as long as they keep selling healthy fish that I know have a high probability of surviving unlike many other store around the area.