Spotting feeding LPS?

HowardofNOVA

Saw this post:

Feeding Corals via Marine Depot

Also had a conversation with Lee VAIronman and wanted to know what others do for corals that we NORMALLY don't spot feed, besides Sun Polpys, etc?:

ACANS

LPS

SPS

etc?

What do you feed and any particular way you do it?

well my acans get coral frenzy and homegrown phyto and i spot feed mysis and cyclopeeze. i use rods food for all corals as even sps like it.

not to be a noob or whatever, but... I don't even know what DT is. I have been using Zooplex and Microvert with a syringe.

Use a turkey baster, or if you have a deep tank, a kent "sea squirt" which is an extendable feeding tube with a squeeze bulb.

I've found that Hikari Marine-A and Marine-S pellet food really gets a good feeding response, and very good growth rates too. It is around 55% protein as opposed to 10% protein in mysis. Soak the pellets for a few minutes before feeding to soften them up a bit.

I blanket feed my tank and my lps picks up stuff here and there, you can attach a syringe to some 3/16" airline tubing and spot feed whatever you want

LPS don't eat phyto. Phyto is great for filter feeders (clams, feather dusters, perhaps some softies, cukes), feeding zooplankton, culturing rotifers.

I feed my LPS mysis, cyclopeeze, and mush (when I've got some laying around... food party anyone??)

Garrett.

LPS don't eat phyto. Phyto is great for filter feeders (clams, feather dusters, perhaps some softies, cukes), feeding zooplankton, culturing rotifers.

I feed my LPS mysis, cyclopeeze, and mush (when I've got some laying around... food party anyone??)

Garrett.

Oh yeah, the mush. I use that stinky mess to feed the tank as a whole - lots of meaty bits from big-mouth fish size to dust-size.

So Garrett, are you going to host one of those smelly bad events? Last one I went to was in May at Scott's.

I just got some of the Reef Chilli and I have been feeding that with cyclopeeze. I also dose the whole tank with DT's about 3 times a week.

Oh yeah, the mush. I use that stinky mess to feed the tank as a whole - lots of meaty bits from big-mouth fish size to dust-size.

So Garrett, are you going to host one of those smelly bad events? Last one I went to was in May at Scott's.

I'm too far south. I've thought about getting a few of us southern reefers together to do one, but for the majority of WAMASers it's just too far. Eddi used to do them on occassion, but I think his wife got sick of the stink.

Garrett.

I'm too far south. I've thought about getting a few of us southern reefers together to do one, but for the majority of WAMASers it's just too far. Eddi used to do them on occassion, but I think his wife got sick of the stink.

Garrett.

It does smell really nasty. I couldn't wait to get the stuff in the freezer and out from under my nose. I still have some left after a year, but probably not enough to last more than a couple months so I hope someone offers up to host.