I need help

schulzjp

My aqualifter is no longer strong enough to pull air out of my cpr overflow. I just set my power head up to pull out the air. Any sugestions on what to do? I dont really trust the powerhead to save my tank from overflowing.

Im thinking my choices are:

1) let the tank run with the powerhead sucking out the air

2) turn of the return pump and keep a heater in the display and another heater in the sump

If i go with #2 ill let my acjr control temp in side tank, and let the heater in the sump use its own temp controller

ANY SUGESTIONS???

Edited by schulzjp

Try to clean the hole also... use a pin or paper clip and just try to clean out the hole best you can. It might help.

Or it could just be a bad lifter.. I have a spare just in case.

Youre in Fairfax.. I know BRK has them in stock and John is fairly close to ya.

Edited by magnetic1

What do you think is my safest bet for the night and until tomorrow afternoon when i will be able to get another?

Try cleaning the hole and contact luceneck tomorrow :)

YGPM luceneck.

Ive cleaned the whole out as best as i can. No luck with the aqualifter, although the powerhead can do it.

For the night i've decided to turn the return pump off (my powerheads are prone to fall a little so i dont want to take the chance of the air tube disconnecting from the powerhead). I have a heater in the display and a seperate in the sump. This should work until i get a new aqualifter tomorrow.

The company actually gives instructions for using a powerhead instead of an aqualifter, so it must not be that much of a bad idea.

My aqualifter died on me last week and I now have a powerhead connected to the overflow box, with the powerhead in the sump. Waiting for an opportunity to get one locally for a reasonable price. At TFW they wanted 25 bucks for it - no freakin way.

Edited by treesprite

New Diaphrams for the aqualifter are about $3, whenever mine seems to not be working correctly I put the new diaphrams in and it's good as new. Last ones I ordered were through Scales TFW a few weeks ago.

Treesprite, you're in my area, if you want to rebuild your aqualifter give me a PM and I can spare a diaphram kit.

ANY SUGESTIONS???

My suggestion is to buy an overflow from lifereef.com...$120, but they are bulletproof, with no need for aqualifter pumps, connecting it to a powerhead, or other gimmicky work-arounds for the poor, inherently failure-prone design of the CPR overflows.

-R

Edited by lancer99

My suggestion is to buy an overflow from lifereef.com...$120, but they are bulletproof, with no need for aqualifter pumps, connecting it to a powerhead, or other gimmicky work-arounds for the poor, inherently failure-prone design of the CPR overflows.

-R

Lifereef does make a nice overflow. Any of the "U" tube designs are your best bet. You can go even further and put a second U tube in a single overflow in case one fails.

Guest webshout

Lifereef does make a nice overflow. Any of the "U" tube designs are your best bet. You can go even further and put a second U tube in a single overflow in case one fails.

I thought the "U" tubes were prone to collecting air? I'll have to check out lifereef and see what the story is.

W.