Mr Coral

dshnarw

The puppy woke me up early this morning, so I decided I'd see what was happening at the Grand Opening...

Hadn't planned on spending much, but WOW! there was some nice stuff there. Got a few LPS, a nice green BTA with purple tips to add to my anemone collection, and one of the free zoa colonies.

Prices were cheap (as an example, the $60-70 fungias at TFW were $30-40 at Mr. Coral), great selection, especially for LPS, zoas, and shrooms.

Especially liked that the prices were clearly marked for nearly all the corals and fish. Much appreciated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang....I KNEW I had something to do today! Next Friday, I have to drive to Howard County to drop my EDIT off with the handler for a dog show. Have to go through Frederick, so maybe I'll stop in on my way home!!!

Tracy

Please refrain from using inappropriate language on this website. Thanks!

Edited by davelin315

yea it was cool. i got some nice acans at great prices and a flame angel that was huge. also got some cheap carbon to hold me over

Those of you that have not been able to make it to MrCoral's new retail store are missing out. It was my first time meeting Sonny...nice guy.... down to earth & runs a honest business. Alot of amazing pieces and deals will be coming out of his place.

I was the first person there this morning and true to his word. He let me pick the first coral after purchasing over $100. Great piece. So far everything I purchased is acclimated and doing well.

Sonny - thank you for your advice and patience.

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

Those of you that have not been able to make it to MrCoral's new retail store are missing out. It was my first time meeting Sonny...nice guy.... down to earth & runs a honest business. Alot of amazing pieces and deals will be coming out of his place.

I was the first person there this morning and true to his word. He let me pick the first coral after purchasing over $100. Great piece. So far everything I purchased is acclimated and doing well.

Sean

If you were the first person there, you got to have the first donut.

You can tell a lot about someone by the kind of donuts they serve.

What were they, and what kind did you pick?

Sean

You must have been leaving as I was getting there (overheard some conversation about a huge rottweiler).

Me too..... got there at 9:30 AM (Chip I had a whole wheat glazed number) and figured I would have to wait until 10 AM to get in; naw, those Virginia WAMAS vultures were already there making sure they didn't miss anything. As reported lots of nice looking frags and a lot of assortment at very reasonable prices. I got a nice blasto frag, an acan, bunch of zoos and my first palys along with a neat mushroom rock that are either very hairy mushrooms or rics.

Sonny had a lot of stock but it was going out the door very fast. I kidded him about selling out his first day. If you get a chance give him a visit. I understand the stuff on the web is different than the retail store. It was great to meet some fellow club members so far from home. Oh yeah, I got my free frag and the 10% off for club membership.

Edited by Bob

Yeah I got there around 7:20 am /yawn It didnt take me as long as I thought.

No donuts for me =( I had breakfast in the car waiting for someone to talk to. Sonny did have a few boxes with alot of different types thou. Coffee i heard was good. I'm not a coffee drinker either.

I had to get out of there... to many pieces to choose from + good prices = dangerous!

Sonny did tell me that he was getting more stock towards the end of the month. I hope he is able to update his website since he mentioned to me as well that they will be seperate. Its understandable being behind thou opening a retail store with dead lines.

Addionally I recieved the 10% discount as well.

Sean

Davelin - I have a problem with this edit. That word IS the appropriate language, and literally translated from the Old English meaning "female dog" or "female canine", which was first used prior to the 12th century. It is no different than using the word hen for a female chicken or sow for a female pig. It only becomes "inappropriate language" when used in an inappropriate context - which is certainly not the case here.

I forgot about the opening. I might go up this coming Friday or Saturday.... anyone in my area want to go with me?

Dang....I KNEW I had something to do today! Next Friday, I have to drive to Howard County to drop my EDIT off with the handler for a dog show. Have to go through Frederick, so maybe I'll stop in on my way home!!!

Tracy

Guess I am so used to "talking dogs" that I didn't even think about that word being inappropriate. Sorry about that....did not intend to offend anyone.

T

Edited by zotzer

Tracy

Hahahahaha... Tracy is a 'dog professional' ... that language is not only appropriate for the use she was making, it's accurate. :rollface:

bob

Davelin - I have a problem with this edit. That word IS the appropriate language, and literally translated from the Old English meaning "female dog" or "female canine", which was first used prior to the 12th century. It is no different than using the word hen for a female chicken or sow for a female pig. It only becomes "inappropriate language" when used in an inappropriate context - which is certainly not the case here.

Just so long as no one starts talking about getting a bundle of sticks for their pet donkey . . .

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :biggrin:

Just to let everyone know the Grand Opening was awesome. We had a line outside of the door and the traffic was just amazing. I want to tank everyone who spread the word about the Opening.

The Free Colony with a Purchase over $100 went so well we will be extended the deal threw next week.

My wife has banned me from visiting for a month. I spent WAY too much!

I picked up a couple of REALLY nice, REALLY beautiful Aussies and a couple other very nice frags. The free Zoa rock I picked up is REALLY looking nice too! Thanks Sonny!

I was nervous about bringing those expensive pieces home but they look VERY happy and I'm thrilled with them.

I was impressed with the selection Sonny had to offer. It's nice to see a LFS that specializes in coral. I went over budget with my Aussie acan frag and a 25+ head Duncan. My free zoa frag was not open at the store but when it finally opened was spectacular with maroon and bright green on the same rock. I got my 10% discount for being a WAMAS/MASNA member.

It was a pleasure meeting some of the WAMAS members. Ran into Sean, Dave and Bob. Bob and I even stopped at another LFS on the way back home. Can't remember the name. It was an off the beaten path little LFS but was a real gem! The SW tanks were pristine and the livestock was very healthy.

I recommend Mr. Coral's new store without reservation! :biggrin:

Bob and I even stopped at another LFS on the way back home. Can't remember the name. It was an off the beaten path little LFS but was a real gem! The SW tanks were pristine and the livestock was very healthy.

Other store was Aquatic Creations located from Dave H.'s web page. Its always a good day to find a new fishen' hole. Bob :bounce:

Edited by Bob

New Store hours. To many request for sunday's!!

Store hours

Sunday 11-3

Get the TV on the wall, order a couch and you can still watch the games

Edited by Leishman