It was a busy week in my shop.

dandy7200

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats DAn, so does this mean youll do a special National aquarium series of skimmers etc, exactly the same but proceeds go partially to the wamas tank slush fund?

No guessers huh?

467398021_9140562a88.jpg

i know exactly what it is but i wont say unless dan tells me i can, id hate to spoil the surprise.

Congratulations on the National Aquarium work/ equipment selection! Sweet! Your hours of work are beginning to pop up in many places. I'm glad for you.

Edited by hbh

Congratulations on the National Aquarium work/ equipment selection! Sweet! Your hours of work are beginning to pop up in many places. I'm glad for you.

Anyone going to the social?

Jager, go right ahead if you think you know. I don't recall letting the cat out of the bag to you but, I've been sniffing quite alot of glue these days :wink:

467398023_e569b8d32b.jpg

467398033_abca69bac1.jpg

:biggrin:

It holds 2 cups of carbon to filter the smell and this would be a mandatory ( at least IMO) if running ozone through the skimmer to filter that as well.

I am working on a actual ozone reactor in the near future that this was created for but this is kind of a nice application for it too don't you think?

Look at the back of this shirt for the tagline that goes with the skimmer.

http://www.cafepress.com/greyseasaquatic.126351575

Whacha think?

LMAO!

"We make that smell, and we get rid of it!"

Only problem with that add-on; it might take away that 'oceanside' smell from the house. There ARE a few of us that don't have wives to complain about it.

bob

Very nice. If you don't mind a few questions - I'm considering DIY also from some links posted elsewhere in this forum.

1) Where do you buy your acrylic tubing

2) How do you make a sealed bulkhead through a round tube? Are they manufactured parts or are you shop building them?

Thank you

Al

1.) where I buy and where you should buy will be totally differant. I would check the yellow pages for plastic shops in MD, there are a few of them where you can buy small quantities.

2.) I do make the saddle pieces myself. They are all thermoformed in a oven and bent to the radius I need. I have jigs made for most sizes of tubing I use but you could easily just heat the piece and then duct tape it to the tube you were going to use for your project and let it cool.

HTH

1.) where I buy and where you should buy will be totally differant. I would check the yellow pages for plastic shops in MD, there are a few of them where you can buy small quantities.

2.) I do make the saddle pieces myself. They are all thermoformed in a oven and bent to the radius I need. I have jigs made for most sizes of tubing I use but you could easily just heat the piece and then duct tape it to the tube you were going to use for your project and let it cool.

HTH

sry dan didnt get back to the thread til after you gave it away, but i figured it was ozone. my red sea berlin had the exact same design top for its ozone cup.

sent you my number via pm again,

sry dan didnt get back to the thread til after you gave it away, but i figured it was ozone. my red sea berlin had the exact same design top for its ozone cup.

sent you my number via pm again,

I can't believe you just used the words "Red Sea" in my thread. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!