It was a busy week in my shop.

dandy7200

Very Very Nice Dan- Proofs in the skimmate!

The skimmer is what would be well worth knocking off-

when are you seriously thinking of making some, or leading a build party?

I am open to either course.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

build party sounds fun!!!! It would take a week to build though :biggrin:

I can say anything I want about Deltec, and not one person can say boo about it, because I *own* a Deltec. As a matter of fact, I own the king of the single pumpers, the AP851. I am actually interested to see how the Dantec works out, because knowing Dan, and the little improvements he makes on designs, I am betting that his will outperform mine!

:biggrin:

Edited by madmax7774

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Lets just say it was a "gauging interest" thread. Many of you know I own a restaurant that specializes in fresh baked bread and hand tossed pizza. Unfortunately in the last couple years I have developed an allergy to wheat flour and when it's airborne it makes my life absolutely unbearable. We go through well over 1000# of flour a week so I need to find something else to do. I happen to really enjoy working with plastics, and I definetly have a weakness in my heart for reef equipment so who knows what this year will bring.

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Lets just say it was a "gauging interest" thread. Many of you know I own a restaurant that specializes in fresh baked bread and hand tossed pizza. Unfortunately in the last couple years I have developed an allergy to wheat flour and when it's airborne it makes my life absolutely unbearable. We go through well over 1000# of flour a week so I need to find something else to do. I happen to really enjoy working with plastics, and I definetly have a weakness in my heart for reef equipment so who knows what this year will bring.

sign me up. I will be interested in one betta-sklimmer. in like one first prototype.... :lol2:

In 3 weeks I'll have your first testimonial on the "Custom Work"

PS we still need to talk reverse flow C reactor

Your tank is going to look sweeter than ever when completed :cheers:

I thought you wanted a media reactor though not calcium reactor?

just curious. why grey? as in greyseasaquatics.com

A few reasons:

1. My culinary background. Grey Sea Salt is the best of the best.

2. Product recognition. I am fusing schedule 80 sheet pvc to acrylic for all products and using schedule 80 fittings (grey).

3. Literal definition. Between the extremes of black and white.

Dan thats so great! Sign us up for some skimmers too!

Will do! I miss seeing you guys, we need to get together soon.

Dan, talk to me for free webhosting....

For right now I'm piggy backing on my Yahoo account for FireFliesdelray.com but that may change eventually. I more just wanted to secure the domain once I had figured out the name.

Edited by dandy7200

Your tank is going to look sweeter than ever when completed :cheers:

I thought you wanted a media reactor though not calcium reactor?

'C' as in Carbon, not 'Ca' as in Calcium

'C' as in Carbon, not 'Ca' as in Calcium

Ok here is the dry fitting of your "C" reactor...

6" x 18" outer chamber

5" x 14" removable media chamber

Holds 16 cups of "C" :biggrin:

408343612_04ad4b68e4_b.jpg

408343610_2c51511a06_b.jpg

Dan

Ok here is the dry fitting of your "C" reactor...

6" x 18" outer chamber

5" x 14" removable media chamber

Holds 16 cups of "C" :biggrin:

408343612_04ad4b68e4_b.jpg

408343610_2c51511a06_b.jpg

Dan

Holy crap that looks nice. I'm walking the dog and typing my 1st post via blackberry right now (the very thing I used to give gadgets crap about)

Holy crap that looks nice. I'm walking the dog and typing my 1st post via blackberry right now (the very thing I used to give gadgets crap about)

Need any financing? You already know business - and now you have an awesome product line, and I already count half a dozen pre-orders - without an established price. Winner!

bob

All righty, here is the better run down on the fluidized reactor and a general idea of how this is differant than anything else out there.

First we want to get everything set to load the chamber.....

411730967_17efacb59d.jpg

I added 6 cups of carbon for this but it is obvious that this chamber can hold a tad bit more...

411730971_389b231597.jpg

The rinsing of the carbon is super easy since it is done inside of the removable inner chamber. Dunk and twist the inner chamber in a 5 gallon bucket of RO.....

411730985_fa89bc438a.jpg

Slip chamber into the reactor...

411730990_08d813cbf5.jpg

Assembled and ready to go....

411730993_e6ff158641.jpg

I am trying to upload a video of the reactor actually fluidizing the media. I am feeding it with a mag5 wih a small venturi I made that injects a bit of air into the reactor and gets everything churning and rolling better than even I expected.........

(edited)

I added 6 cups of carbon for this but it is obvious that this chamber can hold a tad bit more...

Are you saying I get 6 free cups of carbon with my purchase?

Edited by Leishman

Thanks Chip!

Rik, you got it man. It's only running on my test tank which was previously skimmed by the above pictured skimmer so it's going to be super clean carbon (I use Black Diamond).

Heres the vid...

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=2F524CE003BAA39E

I wish we could embed flash objects into the post, then I wouldn't have to send you all to an external site......