It was a busy week in my shop.

dandy7200

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First production run to make sure the every component is milled to the same exact size and interchangable.....

415121210_a6fe99ac7e_b.jpg

This is a slight redesign but, the one I plan to keep long term.

Rather than large or small I fell in the middle as I feel it will be more practical for the masses. 6"x18" chamber.

By moving both fittings up to the top it is now capabe of being run submersed in the sump as long as the water level is less than 15" deep.

There is a red LED indicator so you have a visual that the power is on and a small circuit board that now controls the speed.

The inlet and outlet are 1/2" unions and swivel so the plumbing can be run with more options.

Inlet is 1/4 OD speed fitting for RO tubing, outlet is 1/2" barbed.

Footprint is 6 1/2" x 8" at the base.

Height is 21 1/2" and you need about a inch above that to comfortably refill the reactor although you could get away with a 1/2" if you really had to.

Dan

Guest JasonD

Will you make, or do you plan to make, smaller in-sump skimmers? I'm looking for a alternative to the Euro-Reef RS 100 for my 1st tank.

Seriously, we need prices!

They all have prices. Lets just keep it to PM though so my "journy" thread can stay in this forum without breaking any rules. Just send me a PM with interest and I will get back to everyone pretty quickly.

Will you make, or do you plan to make, smaller in-sump skimmers? I'm looking for a alternative to the Euro-Reef RS 100 for my 1st tank.

It's in the plans and several have asked. I am working on a pump right now for this appliction although it is likely 2 more months before you see anything final on it. I want to put something as reliable as a Ehiem on it and thats a pretty tough bill to fit.

I would love to see that skimmer pulling gunk out of my 240, Beautiful work Dan, definitely a winner

Thanks, is that a challenge? :wink:

Just thought I would post an update. I realized I had not taken any pictures of the fluidized reactor running empty, so I fired one up today. This will show a much clearer example of what is going on inside that inner chamber and how true fluidization is possible with this design....

422381329_d096cee169.jpg

422381334_424b154e3e.jpg

422381318_2f2a90cd11.jpg

I also wanted to say that this will be a pretty slow process getting the buisiness completed. I really wanted to document the whole thing here just so any buisiness type questions can be answered as well. This is my third startup actually so I feel pretty confident in my buisiness plan and have a good feel for the proceess that will follow over the next 6-8 months. Right now my main focus is product development, branding and production techniques that will allow for consistancy and a steady growth pattern. I have already passed the 100hour/week marker between this and the restaurant (also working product manuals/website development when it's too late to run power tools), it's a good thing I love espresso :wink:

clean and concise. dan if you want i can have my graphics design lady have a look at what she would recommend for the site if you have ideas and ive got a few guys besides myself that do web design. so if you want to talk shop youve got my number. talking and advice are as always free. might save you some headaches down the road.

or just hire one of the many wamas guys im sure they would work for stirrers or a skimmer

Im looking for a Kalk reactor. Bob said you might be able to make me a nice one. I was wondering what the pricing was and does it make a difference how many gallons you make it for? If so I have a 90gallon frag tank that Im in the begining stages of building. I have the tank, its cycling, nothing in it.

Im looking for a Kalk reactor. Bob said you might be able to make me a nice one. I was wondering what the pricing was and does it make a difference how many gallons you make it for? If so I have a 90gallon frag tank that Im in the begining stages of building. I have the tank, its cycling, nothing in it.

http://greyseasaquatics.com/kalkwasserstirrers.html

Im looking for a Kalk reactor. Bob said you might be able to make me a nice one. I was wondering what :lol2: the pricing was and does it make a difference how many gallons you make it for? If so I have a 90gallon frag tank that Im in the begining stages of building. I have the tank, its cycling, nothing in it.

Bob? Bob told you? Man, I don't get credit for anything around here!! Well, that's not entirely true........I did get credit for being a dumba$$ while boiling zoos!!

clean and concise. dan if you want i can have my graphics design lady have a look at what she would recommend for the site if you have ideas and ive got a few guys besides myself that do web design. so if you want to talk shop youve got my number. talking and advice are as always free. might save you some headaches down the road.

or just hire one of the many wamas guys im sure they would work for stirrers or a skimmer

I still have to write all the pages and develop product manuals, basically generate all the information for the pages, so I figure I might as well do it in real time and just keep the design aspect "clean and concise" like you said. When I finish, then I can evaluate it and go from there. Can someone out there tell me if it loads clean in Opera? Safari? Netscape? Thanks!

TomC. You have PM. To answer the question you ask though, no there is no minimum rating for this reactor and only a theoretical maximum based on convenience.

Raf, Steve, thanks!

Dan,

Looks fine under mozilla... could use a little web design help there...

Dave

PS when you do the skimmers let me know... I may have a custom one I want done.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys, I will make some changes and for sure be using that link Bob.

I know many are waiting patiently so I thought I would break it up with a progress pic. I think everyone likes pictures right?

439390824_6ee3c48c8e_b.jpg

I need a bigger glue up bench :lol:

All thats left is plumbing and they all get wet tested and serial numbers. Should be ready to go middle of next week. I'm working on a easy web form to register the products for warranty and some basic installation and operating instructions online as well. Always something to do while the glue dries ;)