Some pics of my Rubbermaid reef

I took some pics of my tank with the pumps off today and figured I would share them with everyone. I posted a build thread on the r2r sps forum if you wanna check it out and learn more about the tank. I used the Rubbermaid because it is very simple, I don’t see into it every time I walk by and feel like I need to fiddle with things and the top down view of acropora is the best way to view it. I just switched to 400w ushio 14k bulbs so the acros are still acclimating as well as recovering color and health from a nutrient spike from adding fish but it’s still going pretty well.  I am adding some kp live rock this week and rescaling would I figured I would post some pics before I do that.  I am also running 4 orpek 3’ bars. 3 blue and one uv. 

0C34F980-4E6B-46EB-AD86-2917C904E9C7.jpeg

581CFAAA-288C-4045-9F8A-666A75A2341F.jpeg

A8356679-3C03-44C6-A282-C979A6DE4E4C.jpeg

Woah.... you're holding onto a ton of acro! Looks good!

Very nice.

Thanks everyone. I got the rock from kp and it looks good. I cleaned it last night and everything was alive even being wrapped in paper.  The only thing I found that I am not sure about is a whole family of Florida pistol shrimp. Male and female and a number of little babies.  Other than that I am going to get the rock put in and try to rescape around them best I can. I think I may have to remove a few of my least favorite pieces to make it easy. 

It’s the tub I used to hold a bunch of rock and corals I didn’t want in my tanks on my last system. I have always ran external skimmers.

i got half the rock in the right side of the tank yesterday and hopefully will have energy to do the left side soon. It really created a lot more space for corals since everything isn’t at the same level anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I made that account on a whim not thinking I would stay on the board. It was basically just so I could read and see all the pics and mess with a buddy if I remember right. Kinda wish I had a different name now :) haha