New build.. maybe!? ?

Orion

Thinking of doing a in-wall build this time using the Deep Blue 57 rimless I had before. It would be located next to my bar.  Here are a couple of pictures with painters tape on the wall showing what I am thinking. The other picture shows what exists behind the wall. Would need to build a sink back there to make RO water and make it easy for tank maintenance. 

C9627544-616C-4E93-8DB9-2ED9091B61E0.jpeg

FD555CD2-770F-4376-950B-6C7D17AD5DE2.jpeg

Hey Ryan,

Good hearing from you again!  I see a MAJOR problem with this plan........ you have a long wall.  Go 180 or bigger and go across the LONG face of the wall!

Matt 

Just now, dmatt56 said:

Hey Ryan,

Good hearing from you again!  I see a MAJOR problem with this plan........ you have a long wall.  Go 180 or bigger and go across the LONG face of the wall!

Matt 

LOL!

Good to hear from you too!

Trust me.. the thought crossed my mind but there is not enough room on that side of the wall due to the HVAC equipment being in the way. 

I’d skip the DB57 and opt for the DSA 105. Better yet, stop looking at rimless (imo) if you are going to frame it in the wall anyways. A cube actually might be ideal, but no matter what, I would absolutely skip the overflow on the back wall of whatever tank and would run it peninsula style instead.

3 hours ago, YHSublime said:

I’d skip the DB57 and opt for the DSA 105. Better yet, stop looking at rimless (imo) if you are going to frame it in the wall anyways. A cube actually might be ideal, but no matter what, I would absolutely skip the overflow on the back wall of whatever tank and would run it peninsula style instead.

Would like to go bigger but space behind the wall is limited. I could probably fit a 75 gallon there so the tank would take up more of the wall. 

Tank and sump have been picked up and currently doing a overnight leak check/vinegar bath on both.  After 5 years in storage they were a little dusty. 

D2724156-0007-434F-85B4-2206984955F0.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 6:16 PM, Orion said:

Trust me.. the thought crossed my mind but there is not enough room on that side of the wall due to the HVAC equipment being in the way. 

Sorry, but that's so JV ;).  Just move or replace the HVAC!

18 minutes ago, bvhtaz said:

@YHSublime wondering what you mean by, “peninsula style” and thank you in advance ?

Most tanks (especially already drilled) will have the overflows or overflow box on the longer back wall of the tank. Usually because the tank is up against the wall and that will offer the most viewable real estate! 

Peninsula is literally that, running the tank as a peninsula so it comes off the wall long ways. When I said peninsula style to Orion, what I was implying was that he should drill the left hand wall of the tank instead of the back wall of the tank, keeping the overflow box out of the way, and offering 3 viewable sides vs two, even if one of them is from the fish room! 

• 3 months later...

@Orion That tank would be sweet if placed in your planned location.  It’ll be right at home as it looks like the center of numerous hobbies.  I’m anxious to see this system unfold.